Jim Weir's OSH Chairs

Old August 14th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Default Jim Weir's OSH Chairs

As some of you know, Jim Weir missed OSH this year, for the first time
in 30+ years.

He did, however, ceremoniously ship his beloved OSH airshow chairs to
Montblack, for use at the rec.aviation gathering.

Here's a photo of me putting Jim's chair to maximum use during the
show:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T3A421E8D

Jim, we did put your chair in the middle of the circle, at the party,
and I personally drank several toasts to you and Gail...I think. ;-)

However, even though I THOUGHT I took pictures of that little ceremony,
I don't seem to have one on my camera. Montblack? Eric? Jim? John?
Did anyone take a picture of Jim's empty chair in the circle?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 14th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Burns[_1_]

Nope. But I'll attest to the fact that it was there and that we all were
toasted. 'er I mean we raised a glass to the chairs and toasted Jim and
Gail.

Jim

Old August 14th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Nope. But I'll attest to the fact that it was there and that we all were
toasted. 'er I mean we raised a glass to the chairs and toasted Jim and
Gail.

I downloaded all my pics to Jack's laptop the day after the N40 grill-out.
Jack burned them to a disc and mailed them back to me - this weekend. So,
yes, I have some pics, but they're ...in the mail. I never did get over to
the Canon tent for their free CD burning.

Jack can send something...

Montblack
BTW, I was NOT the one who put the Bud-Light in Jim's chair. :-)

Old August 15th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

("Cy Galley" wrote)
Was that before or after drinking the Bud Late GRIN

Long, long, (Doh!), long story short...

Saturday, (Doh!) ...I was going to swing by to see you and drop off the Jim
Weir (Bud Light) chairs, if you wanted to be the keeper of the chairs, but I
thought I'd better actually have, in my possession, said chairs - first. g

I finally got the chairs back in time to hook up with Jay, for the end of
Saturday's airshow.

The JW(BL)C's are wintering in Minnesota this year.

Montblack
"But it's a dry cold"

Old August 15th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Montblack
"But it's a dry cold"

Ha! Until it's below 10 degrees, it's a damp, bone-chilling cold...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 18th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jack Allison[_1_]

Montblack wrote:

I downloaded all my pics to Jack's laptop the day after the N40
grill-out. Jack burned them to a disc and mailed them back to me - this
weekend.

Paul delivers camping gear, I deliver pixels. It's a beautiful thing.

Jack can send something...

Better yet, the CD probably arrived already. It's P7260302.JPG. Sorry
but Paul must have been busy drinking the Bud Light as it's not on the
chair (yet).

BTW, I was NOT the one who put the Bud-Light in Jim's chair. :-)

Oh sure, you think anyone is going to believe that? After the
combinations of wine that I saw you mixing up, a Bud Light sounds almost
tasty :-P

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado