PIREP - EnV Smart Phone

Old May 2nd 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default PIREP - EnV Smart Phone

Morgans wrote:

And for those who don't have teenagers in the house, yes, they really do
try to get away with using TM at school, during class. They can even
type by feel with it under their desk, or inside a pocket.

That seems like a skill we should promote. With all the digital
equipment being added to aircraft the ability to work electronics with
your head up from the panel will come in handy.

Old May 2nd 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Because, at age 17, there is precisely one use for texting:
Communicating with someone you should be talking to while you're
doing something that you're supposed to be paying full attention to.
AKA: "School".

Obviously that should read "Communicating with someone you should NOT
be talking to..."

Good grief, you probably force thenm to go to bible skool as well.

Bertie
Old May 2nd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote in
m:

Morgans wrote:

And for those who don't have teenagers in the house, yes, they really
do try to get away with using TM at school, during class. They can
even type by feel with it under their desk, or inside a pocket.

That seems like a skill we should promote. With all the digital
equipment being added to aircraft the ability to work electronics with
your head up from the panel will come in handy.

We;re already there. The FOs can type about 700 WPM on the FMS. they
can't fly worth a ****, but they can play with the toys at a rate of
knots that's breathtaking.

Bertie
Old May 2nd 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Because, at age 17, there is precisely one use for texting:
Communicating with someone you should be talking to while you're
doing something that you're supposed to be paying full attention to.
AKA: "School".

Obviously that should read "Communicating with someone you should NOT
be talking to..."

Good grief, you probably force thenm to go to bible skool as well.

Bertie

Spoken like a true atheist.

Old May 2nd 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Morgans wrote:

And for those who don't have teenagers in the house, yes, they really
do try to get away with using TM at school, during class. They can
even type by feel with it under their desk, or inside a pocket.

That seems like a skill we should promote. With all the digital
equipment being added to aircraft the ability to work electronics with
your head up from the panel will come in handy.

We;re already there. The FOs can type about 700 WPM on the FMS. they
can't fly worth a ****, but they can play with the toys at a rate of
knots that's breathtaking.

Bertie

Got a link to that story?

Old May 2nd 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.athiesm,alt.religion
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default is atheism a dirty word?

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:sLISj.69389$y05.9340
@newsfe22.lga:

Good grief, you probably force thenm to go to bible skool as well.

Bertie

Spoken like a true atheist.

Aww, you're calling me an atheist! You a big meanie, aintcha?

Not to mention a big pussy.

Bertie
Old May 2nd 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:jNISj.69391$y05.16172
@newsfe22.lga:

Morgans wrote:

And for those who don't have teenagers in the house, yes, they

really
do try to get away with using TM at school, during class. They can
even type by feel with it under their desk, or inside a pocket.

That seems like a skill we should promote. With all the digital
equipment being added to aircraft the ability to work electronics

with
your head up from the panel will come in handy.

We;re already there. The FOs can type about 700 WPM on the FMS. they
can't fly worth a ****, but they can play with the toys at a rate of
knots that's breathtaking.

Bertie

Got a link to that story?

Yes, several.

Bertie

Old May 2nd 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
curmudgeon

*NO* but they sure as HELL love to use dirty words,
when ever and where ever possible,
if for no other reason than they can.

"There are no enemies in science just anomalies"
*CUR*

Old May 2nd 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 2 May 2008 13:17:06 -0600, "curmudgeon"
wrote in
:

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks

Old May 2nd 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"curmudgeon" wrote in
:

*NO* but they sure as HELL love to use dirty words,
when ever and where ever possible,
if for no other reason than they can.

Like "HELL"?

"There are no enemies in science just anomalies"
*CUR*

Pirep, E.A.R.S. 2 Cell Phone Interface NW_PILOT Piloting 0 February 15th 06 01:43 AM
Enjoy High Quality incredible low cost PC-to-phone and broadband phone services John Home Built 0 May 19th 05 02:58 PM
GPS Smart antenna's Chris Soaring 4 July 13th 04 07:18 AM
smart plugs? Tracey Tabart Soaring 2 April 22nd 04 05:28 PM
SMART-1 Mission robert arndt Military Aviation 0 September 28th 03 05:05 AM