has anyone else noticed???

Old January 30th 10, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default has anyone else noticed???

"vaughn" wrote in message

"Morgans" wrote in message
Take the way I read them. I use nntp.aioe.org. It has been 100%
reliable, and free,

You can say the same about news.eternal-september.org. I actually have
both that and aioe set up just in case one goes down.

BTW: When AT&T dropped the Usenet, I finally dropped AT&T.

Vaughn

Ditto.

Peter

Old January 31st 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rich[_2_]

Default New Sport Aviation

Sport Aviation never really recovered from the retirement of Jack Cox.
I still get his Sportsman Pilot mag, which has articles like the old
Sport Aviation had. The new SA format just seems like a bunch of ads.
The old size was fine, they just needed better content. Changing the
shape just gave them more room for ads.

That all said, I did notice a lot more "how to" stuff which has been
missing from Sport Av for a long time. Glad to see it coming back

Scott

Old March 21st 10, 08:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_6_]

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:40:49 -0800, John Ammeter
wrote:

RAH has become BORING... no one with any interesting posts or questions.

Hi John,

Hey as long as it's boring, how about a schematic for an original
Telex ANR headset? They are the first ones Telex came out with. Weigh
a ton...at least after 4 or 5 hours in the air.:-))

They work, just the ANR function is inop. It won't even turn on. I
haven't taken them apart to check the switch yet.

Gotta take the Deb up to TVC this week for the pitot static and
transponder checks, get the AI replaced and then do something about
the failing KNS-80 and the one com. If it'll go I think I'll replace
the AI with an electric, illuminated one, But I'm not sure what to do
about the #1Nav and #1 Com. IOW, no precision approaches and with
only one radio of each I'm staying out of the soup.

Roger (K8RI)

BWB has been gone for well over a year and hadn't posted for a long time
before that but NO ONE has stepped up and filled the gap.

I know Billy had ****ed off a lot of people but at least he got people
thinking and posting.

His forte was the ability to "read" people and know the right buttons to
push.

With no one to do that RAH now lacks anyone with any interesting ideas
or posts...

Prove me wrong...

John