EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale

Old January 24th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale

("Jim Burns" wrote)
[good stuff snipped]

Great post Jim.

We have a 16 year old male toy poodle ...with 6 teeth! He's 97.5% deaf - so
we're the dog owners in our neighborhood always yelling at our pet. g

I was with you up until this part:

"Animals remember short term events, they learn through conditioning, they
do not remember yesterday, last week, last month, last year per say."

Animals maybe, but I think dogs 'know' things and remember things. After
raising kids you begin to realize that a two year old is just a small four
year old - without a vocabulary. Dogs fall into that category - limited
language skills. They mostly say it with their eyes. :-)

Montblack
Coalie was named by the nieces when they were four. He was black like coal.
Might have been something they saw in a book? The girls are now sophomores
in college.

Old January 24th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

But, for crying out loud, OSH is six months away! I think it's safe
to say that you can potty train any puppy by then?

So that's it, is it Jay? Just potty train her and let the little *******
fend for herself for two weeks while we're (for her 6 month old mind) gone
forever? Or stuff her in some kennel where if she's lucky they'll take her
for a walk once a day?

What doesn't your brain understand that for you what is a day-trip, a 2 hour
flight up the boulevard, is for us a bitch of three days going, three days
coming back, and a week at the airport? Two weeks out of an already
shortened summer. Not to mention the two weeks before the show coming up
with an idea for the forum, building it, testing it, drawing up the plans,
making sure that the CDROM is burned right, stuffing the project in boxes
that will fit in the airplane, schlepping it from North FondDuLac to the
forums plaza and back, then schlepping it back home.

I haven't had a summer to myself in 34 years, I haven't been to a summer
airshow in California in too long to remember because it has always been
Oshkosh, Oshkosh, Oshkosh. Well, dammit, it's time to stop and smell the
roses ... and I am.

I'm not insensitive to your loss, but I think you're premature in
cancelling your reservations. There are many people -- myself
included -- that regard your forums as the ONLY "don't miss" forums at
OSH, and it simply won't be the same without you and Gail...

Quite frankly, I don't give a hairy rat's ass what you think. And to hell
with what Jim and Gail want. Jay is going to miss a forum that he likes.
Isn't that just too frikkin' bad? It's not what Jim and Gail have decided
to do, it's that Jay (the center of the known universe) will be
inconvenienced.

Jim

Old January 24th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Bless you, Jim.

Jim

People, just like animals, are thankfully different.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss and we'll miss both you and Gail at OSH.

Jim

Old January 24th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

What I meant was that animals do not remember "yesterday" as being the day
before today. They remember events based upon how frequently, how exciting,
or how traumatic the event was. They don't know when the event actually
happened.
Jim

Old January 24th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

We have always had two cats during our married lives (35 years).
Yesterday I had to put our 20 year old cat to sleep. She was in severe
renal failure. I could hardly talk to the vet when I brought her in and
sat in the exam room for several minutes with the cat before I could
leave. Pets become part of the family.

Ross

Old January 24th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

RST Engineering wrote:

Just potty train her and let the little *******
fend for herself for two weeks while we're (for her 6 month old mind) gone
forever? Or stuff her in some kennel where if she's lucky they'll take her
for a walk once a day?

I understand that. We spent Christmas with my mother in Tennessee this year,
which meant our coonhound spent five days in a kennel. She lost about 5 pounds
-- just refused to eat. Next time we go, we're taking her with us and putting
her in a kennel down there. Then we can visit her every day.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 24th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Yes, they do become part of the family, and I feel your loss deeply.

I'm not offering advice, but my way of grieving is to share that grief with
new life...be it puppy or kitten. Somehow the hurt isn't quite so
omnipresent when you are cleaning up puppy poop all day {;-)

Jim

Old January 24th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Ross Richardson wrote:
We have always had two cats during our married lives (35 years).
Yesterday I had to put our 20 year old cat to sleep. She was in severe
renal failure. I could hardly talk to the vet when I brought her in and
sat in the exam room for several minutes with the cat before I could
leave. Pets become part of the family.

Ross,

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful
life. She appreciated it. You might want to checkout:
http://www.petloss.com/

Especially, the stuff about the Rainbow Bridge. I hope you feel better
soon.

--- Jay Masino

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old January 24th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

In rec.aviation.owning RST Engineering wrote:
OK, so we care as much for our furry family as we do for each other.
Airplanes and dogs have equal weight in our eyes. And airplanes don't sleep
on your feet on cold nights and lick your face awake in the morning.

Jim,

Old January 24th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Quite frankly, I don't give a hairy rat's ass what you think. And to hell
with what Jim and Gail want. Jay is going to miss a forum that he likes.
Isn't that just too frikkin' bad? It's not what Jim and Gail have decided
to do, it's that Jay (the center of the known universe) will be
inconvenienced.

Well, Jim, I'm sorry if that's the way you feel. Clearly there's more
going on here than we know, and I hope it all works out for you and
Gail.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Room available for EAA [email protected] Owning 20 July 7th 05 11:09 PM
Anyone Got an Extra Oshkosh Dorm? Jay Honeck Piloting 12 June 26th 05 08:52 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Owning 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Piloting 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM