Air Force investigating intermittent engine failure on aircraft.

Old November 21st 06, 05:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SPLASH-TWO

Default Air Force investigating intermittent engine failure on aircraft.

Air Force trouble shooters cannot figure out why No.1 engine keeps shutting
down......

--
CHECK-SIX
IF YESTERDAY WAS WAR YOU WOULD BE A SMOKING HOLE IN THE GROUND!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	purse.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	904
Old November 21st 06, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"SPLASH-TWO" wrote in message
Air Force trouble shooters cannot figure out why No.1 engine keeps
shutting down......

Yeah, it must be really scary, loosing one engine on a B-52

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old November 21st 06, 08:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Henley

"SPLASH-TWO" wrote in message
Air Force trouble shooters cannot figure out why No.1 engine keeps
shutting down......

I believe that's a Navy P-3.

Old November 21st 06, 11:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mechanical Menace

"Ron" wrote in news:4562b416$0$41098$dbd41001
@news.euronet.nl:

"SPLASH-TWO" wrote in message
Air Force trouble shooters cannot figure out why No.1 engine keeps
shutting down......

Yeah, it must be really scary, loosing one engine on a B-52

Ron

Isn't that what somebody called the dreaded 7-engined landing!

Cheers,

Dennis
Old November 21st 06, 12:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Boomerang

Sure is.

Old November 21st 06, 01:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards

"Ron" wrote in message

"SPLASH-TWO" wrote in message
Air Force trouble shooters cannot figure out why No.1 engine keeps
shutting down......

Yeah, it must be really scary, loosing one engine on a B-52

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Below is a B-52 cockpit photo which looks nothing like the one posted by
Splash Two.

Dan Edwards

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b52_6.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	905
Old November 21st 06, 01:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in message
. ..

Below is a B-52 cockpit photo which looks nothing like the one posted by
Splash Two.

Dan Edwards

My bad, I saw the center windscreen, and my Air Force heart said "B-52". I
just learned it is a Navy P-3. Who routinely shutdown one engine to save on
fuel costs (the cheapos). And I should have realised of course that no Air
Force pilot would carry something like that, regardless of gender.

The Navy however...

* runs

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Old November 21st 06, 01:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blue Oval/Dan Edwards

"Ron" wrote in message

"Blue Oval/Dan Edwards" wrote in message
. ..

Below is a B-52 cockpit photo which looks nothing like the one posted by
Splash Two.

Dan Edwards

My bad, I saw the center windscreen, and my Air Force heart said "B-52". I
just learned it is a Navy P-3. Who routinely shutdown one engine to save

on
fuel costs (the cheapos). And I should have realised of course that no Air
Force pilot would carry something like that, regardless of gender.

The Navy however...

* runs

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum

Ron,
I know that you know your stuff. If you remember, you and I went round
and round about the F-4 Phantoms on pedestals I posted over a year ago from
WPAFB. I said they were E's, you said they were D's. You were right, I was
wrong. I even went back to prove you were wrong and saw the plaques on the
pedestals which clearly said they were D's. I photographed them and posted
them with an apology to you.
They have since removed the two Phantoms and replaced them with an F-15
and F-16. Kind of made me sad since the Phantom is my all time "phavorite
phighter". Fell in love with the Phantoms while stationed at Kunsan AB,
Korea from June 1974 to June 1975.

Dan Edwards

Old November 21st 06, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
David Hartung

Mike Henley wrote:
"SPLASH-TWO" wrote in message
Air Force trouble shooters cannot figure out why No.1 engine keeps
shutting down......

I believe that's a Navy P-3.

With a ltJG as aircraft commander?
Old November 21st 06, 03:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Moore

David Hartung wrote
With a ltJG as aircraft commander?

Could be....but when I served as a P-3 Patrol Plane Commander,
unlike airline practice, we rotated seats with all of the pilots
on the crew. Alan, Rick, and Mal got as much time in the left
seat as I did. Al Anderson, the assigned SIC was also rated as
a PPC and I felt quite comfortable seated in the cabin while he
and Rick or Mal flew routine flights.

Bob Moore
VP-46 1965-1967
PanAm (retired)

AA Engine failure at LAX... .Blueskies. Piloting 3 June 13th 06 11:05 PM
engine failure swag Piloting 16 June 8th 06 06:13 PM
Engine failure Jase Vanover Piloting 59 October 30th 05 05:43 PM
In-Flight Engine Failure O. Sami Saydjari Owning 59 April 30th 04 08:40 AM