Gasohol

Old June 1st 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

Default Gasohol

Hampton Airport in SE New Hampshire sells straight mogas with no
additives. They buy it by the tankload at the terminal in Portland ME
before the bad stuff goes in.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

The joke on us all is that gas pumped to your local distribution
terminal has no alcohol in it... At the distribution terminal are huge
tanks of gas, and smaller tnaks of alcohol, dye, additives, etc...
The driver pulls up with his tanker... Keys in who the gas is for
Shell, Marathon, ETC.and what the octane rating is and the computer
selects the appropriate base stock of gasoline and mixes in the proper
additives and dyes as it pumps the load to his tanker, including the
alcohol... We are being hosed by the oil companies, in cahoots with
the government, in more ways than just price...

This is straight from the tanker driver's mouth... He spent a good ten
minutes showing me his work sheets, computer instruction sheet, mixing
receipt for his load, and gas analysis sheet including percent of
water, etc. that he leaves a copy of with the station after
delivery...

denny

Old June 1st 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
ktbr

Denny wrote:
Hampton Airport in SE New Hampshire sells straight mogas with no
additives. They buy it by the tankload at the terminal in Portland ME
before the bad stuff goes in.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

The joke on us all is that gas pumped to your local distribution
terminal has no alcohol in it... At the distribution terminal are huge
tanks of gas, and smaller tnaks of alcohol, dye, additives, etc...
The driver pulls up with his tanker... Keys in who the gas is for
Shell, Marathon, ETC.and what the octane rating is and the computer
selects the appropriate base stock of gasoline and mixes in the proper
additives and dyes as it pumps the load to his tanker, including the
alcohol... We are being hosed by the oil companies, in cahoots with
the government, in more ways than just price...

It is true that all oil companies fuel is essentially the same,
and has been true for a long time. Explain how the government is
somewhow in "cahoots" with the oil companies? Federal, state and
local governments together make more on a gallon of gas than the
oil companies do.
Old June 1st 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Ken Finney wrote:

I already am, but there an STC for diesels in 172s.

Running on Jet-A, not Biodiesel.
Old June 1st 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Blueskies wrote:

And that means that all of us using gasohol are getting worse gas mileage than we would get with straight gasoline.

I have personally verified that to be true in my vehicles.
Old June 1st 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Ken Finney" wrote in message

"Al G" wrote in message

"Ken Finney" wrote in message

"Al G" wrote in message

"Ken Finney" wrote in message

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
On Thu, 31 May 2007 05:11:27 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label

gasoline
contaminated with alcohol?

Worse.
I read that, starting in 2007, in some places, California and some
Canadian Provinces included, it is regulated that all gasoline sold
must
contain at least 5% alcohol/ethanol.

Tony
Here in Ontario I was told not all gasoline must have 5% alky, but

5%
of all fuel sold must be alky - so 50% of all fuel sold being E10
satisfies the requirement. In practice, virtually all 87 octane will
be e10. Premium 91 will (from some companies, at least) be E0,

making
the blended 89 E5. Since significantly over half the gasoline sold

in
Ontario is 87 octane, this would excede the requirements. - Just

from
what I've been told, but you can never trust the elected idiots, or
worse yet the beurocrats

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real
irritant. I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel
aircraft engines becoming available. Since I should be making my own
biodiesel by the end of this Summer (for something less than 45 cents

gallon), are any of the new diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?

What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Relatives that own restuarants and have to pay to dispose of waste

fryer
oil!

You grow relatives?

Well, somebody planted the seed and they tend to grow on their own. I

just
fertilize them now and then!

What do you actually do to the waste fryer oil to make it useful as
biodiesel?

Old June 1st 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
I'm curious. I can understand a whole tablet, a half tablet, or a
quarter tablet. What is magic about a THIRD of a tablet?

It's very technical.

Actually, I meant to type a "4", but I hit the "3" by accident. In a
flash, I thought "Should I bother to correct that?" and the answer was
"Nah...it doesn't matter."...

:-)

Tell the truth Jay. Is it because a 1/2 or full tablet won't fit in the
Coke bottle you are using?

http://www.investors.com/editorial/c...oon051507c.gif

{Chuckle}

--
Matt Barrow
Performace Homes, LLC.

Old June 1st 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Al G" wrote in message

"Ken Finney" wrote in message

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real
irritant. I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel
aircraft engines becoming available. Since I should be making my own
biodiesel by the end of this Summer (for something less than 45 cents a
gallon), are any of the new diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?

What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Relatives that own restuarants and have to pay to dispose of waste fryer
oil!

You grow relatives?

That's like deliberately breeding flies or mosquitoes.

Old June 1st 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Ken Finney" wrote in message
What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Relatives that own restuarants and have to pay to dispose of waste fryer
oil!

You grow relatives?

Well, somebody planted the seed and they tend to grow on their own. I
just fertilize them now and then!

I planted some birdseed. A bird came up; now I don't know what to feed it.

Old June 1st 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Al G" wrote in message

What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Al G

Wild wood flower grew down on the farm, but we never knew what it was
called......

We all waved good-bye...sittin' on that there sack of seeds.

Old June 1st 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Steve Foley wrote:
"Al G" wrote in message

What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Al G

Wild wood flower grew down on the farm, but we never knew what it was
called......

....Some called it was a flower and some called it a weed...

Loco weed. That must be what congress 'been smokin'!

Gasohol Blueskies Piloting 240 July 6th 07 12:42 AM
How scary is gasohol? Charles Talleyrand Owning 27 March 1st 04 11:39 AM