Bugs on the windshield

Old June 1st 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark T. Dame

Default Bugs on the windshield

Viperdoc wrote:
Every time I fly one of my real airplanes, I get bugs on the windshield and
wings. I'm confused about this because MSFS doesn't have bugsplats on the
screen.

What is wrong with my real airplanes? How do I avoid getting bugs on the
windshield? There must be something wrong with reality, because it doesn't
happen in MSFS. Yet, it seems to happen every time I fly in the summer.

I know that it can't be happening, because my monitor never has any bugs on
it after I play MSFS. So, what is wrong with reality?

Maybe your airplane needs a Microsoft Window...

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## CP-ASEL, AGI
Old June 1st 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Mark T. Dame" wrote

Maybe your airplane needs a Microsoft Window...

But sometimes without warning, everything you see in it freezes or it turns
opaque blue, and you see the words "fatal error" written across it.

Then your only choice is to shut off the engine, and then try a restart.
--
Jim in NC

Old June 1st 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote

But sometimes without warning, everything you see in it freezes or it

turns
opaque blue, and you see the words "fatal error" written across it.

Then your only choice is to shut off the engine, and then try a restart.

Usually that doesn't work unless everyone gets out first, and then gets back
in.

BDS

Old June 1st 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Viperdoc" wrote:

Every time I fly one of my real airplanes, I get bugs on the windshield and
wings. I'm confused about this because MSFS doesn't have bugsplats on the
screen.

What is wrong with my real airplanes? How do I avoid getting bugs on the
windshield? There must be something wrong with reality, because it doesn't
happen in MSFS. Yet, it seems to happen every time I fly in the summer.

I know that it can't be happening, because my monitor never has any bugs on
it after I play MSFS. So, what is wrong with reality?

Read ILLUSIONS by Richard Bach. The main character demonstrates how to
clean bugs from airplanes.
Old June 1st 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:23:09 -0500, "Viperdoc"
wrote in
:

Every time I fly one of my real airplanes, I get bugs on the windshield and
wings. I'm confused about this because MSFS doesn't have bugsplats on the
screen.

What is wrong with my real airplanes? How do I avoid getting bugs on the
windshield?

You need to tick the 'No Bugs' check-box before departure. :-)

This is not available on MS Windows computers.
Old June 1st 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"BDS" wrote in message
t...

"Morgans" wrote

But sometimes without warning, everything you see in it freezes or it

turns
opaque blue, and you see the words "fatal error" written across it.

Then your only choice is to shut off the engine, and then try a restart.

Usually that doesn't work unless everyone gets out first, and then gets
back
in.

And you have to do a hot start after a cold reboot.

Old June 1st 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tri-Pacer

What is wrong with my real airplanes? How do I avoid getting bugs on the
windshield?

The price of fuel has helped keep a LOT of bugs off my windshield.

Paul
N1431A

Old June 1st 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"JB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Forget coffee spurts on the monitor. I bet MXS's has... Oh, never
mind.

I don't know about bug splats, but my monitor has coffee spurts...

HEY! Give they guy a break! I mean, like, a guy's gotta do something while
the "autopilot" drives the sim for him, right? Talk about boring cubed...

But, I think I just figgured out why he says the "autopilot" flys so much
better than he can.

Dewd - hold the stick like you are taking a leak - not like you are wacking
off - your turns will be much more coordinated.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old June 1st 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

Dewd - hold the stick like you are taking a leak - not like you are wacking
off - your turns will be much more coordinated.

THAT is goddamned funny. I never thought of it like
that but it's totally true.

Unless you've got a firehose like mine, anyway.

Old June 1st 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Larry Dighera wrote in
news
You need to tick the 'No Bugs' check-box before departure. :-)

Is that what they mean by a Check List?