Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery

Old January 4th 04, 05:05 AM
Greg Burkhart

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message
In voice so genuine that it made me cringe, he responded "Wow! I'd

NEVER
have believed that! I sure hope *I* can get around so well when I turn

45!"

:-(

You should have hit him with your walker.

Nah, just turn off your hearing aid so you don't hear those comments...

Old January 4th 04, 04:50 PM
Jay Honeck

for example, I see your phone number as:

Toll Free: 888-
9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) Local: 319 337
-8665 Fax: 319 351-4102

Should be fixed now.

How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
www.AlexisParkInn.com

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 04, 07:46 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Bob Gardner wrote:

I'm only old on the outside.

Various parts of my internal plumbing keep reminding me that that the inside is
getting up in years too.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 4th 04, 09:08 PM
Eduardo Kaftanski

In article jvXJb.746012$Fm2.674184@attbi_s04,
Jay Honeck wrote:
for example, I see your phone number as:

Toll Free: 888-
9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) Local: 319 337
-8665 Fax: 319 351-4102

Should be fixed now.

How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
www.AlexisParkInn.com

perfect! ))

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

--
Eduardo Kaftanski |
http://e.nn.cl | Linus Torvalds
Old January 5th 04, 01:03 AM
Holger Stephan

Michael Nouak wrote:
Note that (just in case you didn't know) "Freiherr" is not one of his
first names, it's a title of nobility. The "von" in his surname also
points to that ancestry. Freiherr I think is actually a lesser title than
Baron, but I'm no expert in these matters so I could be wrong.

"Freiherr" and "Baron" are pretty much the same title. Depending on the
region the one or the other title, or a combination thereof, was/is used.
The title had lost much of its political weight before Richthofen inherited
it.

- Holger

Old January 5th 04, 01:16 AM
Jay Honeck

Now, that said: If you're gonna have a suite named after the Red Baron, I
think you wanna make sure you spell his name right:

Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen

You know, I've seen his name written ten different ways!

I'll make the change...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 04, 01:17 AM
Jay Honeck

How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
www.AlexisParkInn.com

perfect! ))

Thanks, Eduardo. If anything else looks "goofy", please let me know.

I check these things on three different computers, but someone always seems
to have a different set up than I do...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 04, 01:23 AM
Jay Honeck

Bob Gardner,
aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor,

He's a cute one -- more, more!

Well, Stella, my dear -- we're still waiting for *your* flying pix! Care to
join the rest of us "Rogues?"

I've got a couple of you at the inn, but nothing with an airplane -- got
any?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 5th 04, 04:32 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

You know, I've seen his name written ten different ways!

Well, if you pick up his autobiography, you can be pretty sure of the facts.

Old January 5th 04, 05:52 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 01:17:25 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

How's it look (on the left side of the page) to you now?
www.AlexisParkInn.com

perfect! ))

Thanks, Eduardo. If anything else looks "goofy", please let me know.

Well, there's BOb, but I doubt you can help much... :-)

Ron Wanttaja