Annual 2003 comes to a close...

Old December 23rd 03, 03:19 AM
Doug Vetter

Default Annual 2003 comes to a close...

Hi all,

Finally picked up the airplane after an extensive annual. Six weeks
later and enough money to make a Baron owner choke, I'm really happy
with how everything turned out.

Just a short (and incomplete) list of the things we did:

1) Propeller and governor overhaul
2) Alternator overhaul
3) New STC'd vernier mixture control to replace old friction unit
4) Field approval in progress on new custom prop cable
5) New ring gear (mates with the starter drive)
6) Repainting & resealing of the airbox, airbox support, and prop cable
support.
7) New alternator / main bus circuit breaker (voluntary compliance with
a Cessna service bulletin (which incidentally reduces the rating of the
breaker from 60 to 55 amps)
8) New high pressure (3000 PSI) oil cooler lines
9) About 30 new rivets in various locations on the airframe.
10) Fixed a fuel tank fitting leak (necessitated draining the tank)

And more, all on a WELL maintained airplane.

The third and final article in my "Annual 2003" series will be online
soon (probably shortly after Xmas) but until then, I put up some pics of
the finished work in the gallery on my site.

Happy Holidays and safe flying to everyone in the new year!

-Doug

--
--------------------
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com
--------------------

Old December 23rd 03, 06:29 PM
Jay Honeck

Six weeks
later and enough money to make a Baron owner choke, I'm really happy
with how everything turned out.

Isn't there a known psychological dysfunction where the prisoners actually
start to *love* their prison guards? I believe this bizarre phenomenon was
documented with concentration camp victims during World War II.

Sometimes I think we pilots are just as self-delusional...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 23rd 03, 07:22 PM
Bob Noel

In article jQ%Fb.437016$Dw6.1335366@attbi_s02, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Six weeks
later and enough money to make a Baron owner choke, I'm really happy
with how everything turned out.

Isn't there a known psychological dysfunction where the prisoners
actually
start to *love* their prison guards? I believe this bizarre phenomenon
was
documented with concentration camp victims during World War II.

Sometimes I think we pilots are just as self-delusional...

I know I'm not.

--
Bob Noel
Old December 23rd 03, 11:08 PM
Montblack

Stockholm-syndrome

http://www.yahoodi.com/peace/stockholm.html

--
Montblack
http://lumma.de/mt/archives/bart.gif

("Jay Honeck" wrote)

Old December 25th 03, 12:54 AM
Doug Vetter

Jay Honeck wrote:
Isn't there a known psychological dysfunction where the prisoners actually
start to *love* their prison guards? I believe this bizarre phenomenon was
documented with concentration camp victims during World War II.

Sometimes I think we pilots are just as self-delusional...

Hehe. Have to admit, when I was writing the check I couldn't help but
think the airplane had become possessed at some point and it was working
its magic on me....spend...spend...spend. :-) Reminds me of Stephen
King's "Christine". :-) And, for the record, I was happy with the
RESULTS...not the price or the length of time it took to get everything
done. :-)

Seriously though, the way my partnership works, I pay in lump sums like
this, and another partner I fly with pays for the direct operating
expenses most of the time, so I wind up flying on a regular basis for
"free". The net result is a reasonable airplane habit (at least when
viewed on an annualized basis). It's a pretty sweet deal, actually, and
I'm going to miss it when we inevitably dissolve the arrangement.

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com