A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cobra Trailer Part Needed

Old August 15th 18, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Cobra Trailer Part Needed

I am in the middle of converting my Cobra trailer tongue from the round tube (broken) to the newer square tube type and find I am missing a part. There is a rubber/plastic plug that goes in the rear end of the square tube to keep debris and small critters from getting inside the trailer box. W&W does not stock this plug. Anybody in the US got a spare one of these I could get quickly? Lots of this type of thing online but none look to be exactly the right thing.
Terry
Old August 15th 18, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Carve one out of a wood 2x4. Plus, I doubt any "critters" will make it past the damper mechanism. A couple of layers of Gorilla tape will also work.
Old August 15th 18, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 6:02:22 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I am in the middle of converting my Cobra trailer tongue from the round tube (broken) to the newer square tube type and find I am missing a part. There is a rubber/plastic plug that goes in the rear end of the square tube to keep debris and small critters from getting inside the trailer box. W&W does not stock this plug. Anybody in the US got a spare one of these I could get quickly? Lots of this type of thing online but none look to be exactly the right thing.
Terry

I think I have this plug - I will check in the morning.

Tom
Old August 15th 18, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Terry

I do have it, but I now realize where it came from and have to use it!

Tom
Old August 15th 18, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Terry

This supplier carries them:

https://www.mocap.com/tube-plugs-square-metric.html
Old August 16th 18, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
external usenet poster

Yes, critters can get pass the damper mechanism. A field mouse can squeeze past some incredible small holes.

I use a bunch of stainless steel scrubbing pads stuffed into the tube. You can find them at nearly any store that sells kitchen cleaning supplies (big box, grocery stores, hardware, etc).