Source for aileron/flaperon linkage fairings or covers?

Old September 7th 18, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

Default Source for aileron/flaperon linkage fairings or covers?

Where can we buy replacement split plastic fairings/covers for aileron or flaperon linkages?
Old September 7th 18, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Fri, 07 Sep 2018 14:53:27 -0700, Bret Hess wrote:

Where can we buy replacement split plastic fairings/covers for aileron
or flaperon linkages?

The answer almost certainly depends on the make (and model) of glider,
but you haven't included that somewhat essential detail.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org
Old September 7th 18, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

PIK20E is my model. I hope there are sources where you can buy them by dimension.
Old September 7th 18, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I ran into that problem several years ago with the molded-in fairings on my Pegasus. Got tired of repairing them, so I made a male plug mold and had several sets vacuum formed. They were then cut out with a bandsaw, leaving a flange (3/8 in. wide) to sit flat on the surface. I removed the old set, down to the surface of the wing and ailerons and then stuck the new ones on with double-sided tape and then wing tape over the flange. Naturally, I haven't dinged one since.

Don't know whether they would work with the PIK-20E, but I do have some extra sets. I have sold a few sets (4 large forward fairings and 2 narrower ones that nest inside the large ones) to other Pegasus owners for $48/set including postage in the US. Contact me at: info (at) m m f a b r i c a t i o n (dot) com (remove spaces).