Scheibe SF-25 Motorfalke horizontal stabilizer and other parts needed

Old December 7th 11, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Scheibe SF-25 Motorfalke horizontal stabilizer and other parts needed

I need a horizontal stabilizer to replace the one on my experimental
SF-25 motorglider. Other parts would be welcomed as well or any other
information and drawings.
I am currently replacing the monogear with conventional gear from a
grumman tiger (with modifications)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron
Old December 7th 11, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Dec 6, 5:59*pm, wrote:
I need a horizontal stabilizer to replace the one on my experimental
SF-25 motorglider. Other parts would be welcomed as well or any other
information and drawings.
I am currently replacing the monogear with conventional gear from a
grumman tiger (with modifications)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron

Conventional gear on a Tiger ? I thought they were all tricycle gear
with a free castoring nose wheel.

Andy
Old December 8th 11, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 7, 4:17*pm, Andy wrote:
On Dec 6, 5:59*pm, wrote:

I need a horizontal stabilizer to replace the one on my experimental
SF-25 motorglider. Other parts would be welcomed as well or any other
information and drawings.
I am currently replacing the monogear with conventional gear from a
grumman tiger (with modifications)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron

Conventional gear on a Tiger ? *I thought they were all tricycle gear
with a free castoring nose wheel.

Andy

Just the main gear legs. The fiberglass legs are a litle stiffer than
the Scheibe look, but I can adjust that by carving on them and kinda
grinding a streamline contour.
The wheels are a little larger at 6.00 X 6 rather than the smaller
metric size for the Scheibe.
By the way there is a taildragger conversion for Grumman tigers
available.

While the conventional gear is heavier and draggier the book says that
you can attach one wing and it won't fall over while you are getting
the other wing on. Also you can move the A/C around on the main gear
with thw wings off.

Thanks,
Old December 8th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

On Dec 7, 6:03*pm, wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:17*pm, Andy wrote:

On Dec 6, 5:59*pm, wrote:

I need a horizontal stabilizer to replace the one on my experimental
SF-25 motorglider. Other parts would be welcomed as well or any other
information and drawings.
I am currently replacing the monogear with conventional gear from a
grumman tiger (with modifications)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron

Conventional gear on a Tiger ? *I thought they were all tricycle gear
with a free castoring nose wheel.

Andy

Just the main gear legs. The fiberglass legs are a litle stiffer than
the Scheibe look, but I can adjust that by carving on them and kinda
grinding a streamline contour.
The wheels are a little larger at 6.00 X 6 rather than the smaller
metric size for the Scheibe.

Grinding on a primary structural laminate to adjust stiffness and get
a streamline contour? Assuming 100% sucess, a lot of work for a
trivial gain compared to the drag hit for exposed 6.00 x 6 wheels.

Suggest add foam fairings to the legs and sand that, Or better yet,
don't create a Frankenschiebe in the first place.

aerodyne
Old December 8th 11, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good idea on adding foam fairing for the gear legs.
As to the frankenscheibe comment this A/C is based on the SF-25, but was/is a much modified experimental with retract gear and reflex flaps and ailerons.
There is not much Scheibe there to franken anymore.
What I need is a tailplane that is not rotten.
Most of the other damage I have already repaired or have worked out the repair for.
As to the tailplane there is enough left to use as patterns if necessary.
I have given some thought to making the stabilizer like the KR-2 stabilizer, wood spars foam for contour covered with fiberglass.
I think that this might be heavier than the wood used in the original.
Does anyone have knowledge of where a wrecked scheibe motorglider might be?
I think all of them are very similar.
I am told that the attachment fittings are somewhat made to fit on an individual basis there being some differences in tolerances form ship to ship.

Best regards,

J.D. Barron
Old January 25th 17, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hey mate,

How did you go with replacing the monogear with conventional two legs up front? I'm looking at the feasibility of doing the same but I need to keep it certified for flight training.

Cheers,

Josh
Old January 25th 17, 09:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

At 02:03 08 December 2011, wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:17=A0pm, Andy wrote:

The wheels are a little larger at 6.00 X 6 rather than the smaller
metric size for the Scheibe.

Scheibe's original wheels are not metric. Single wheels uses 6.00x6,
two-leg Scheibe's have 5.00x5 if I am not mistaken.

Old January 25th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We have an SF-25C that is in near perfect condition.
For sale - Pennsylvania

Tom Knauff

Slingsby T.61 MotorFalke R. Wubben Soaring 11 December 10th 17 08:38 PM
G-103 horizontal stabilizer airfoil section ? [email protected] Soaring 3 November 23rd 08 05:30 AM
Pik-20 Parts needed WAVEGURU Soaring 1 October 23rd 07 11:39 PM
WTB: 1-34 Horizontal Stabilizer Jeremy Zawodny Soaring 1 October 15th 04 05:12 AM
Parts Needed Jim Phoenix Soaring 0 September 17th 03 03:27 AM