Benalla

Old January 12th 17, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Benalla

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 8:22:59 AM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
Multiple reports about it on Facebook...

Including some gaggle pictures and video.
Old January 12th 17, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10:37:11 AM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 8:22:59 AM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
Multiple reports about it on Facebook...

Including some gaggle pictures and video.

I try to be a facebook luddite.

Link(s) please?

-Evan
Old January 12th 17, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Not a real fan of Facebook, but here is one link

https://www.facebook.com/SoaringSocietyofAmerica/

Quite a remarkable video of one of the gaggles:
Scroll down to see the post by Matthew Scutter and pics by Sean

Old January 12th 17, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 11:33:07 AM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
Not a real fan of Facebook, but here is one link

me, either. Thanks for link.

They are really going out of their way to make the experience unpleasant for non-members. Is there anyway to make that big floating frame go away without having an account?

-Evan
Old January 12th 17, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Is there anyway to make that big floating frame go away without having an account?

-Evan

You might have to give in to the Dark Side, Evan. I set up an acct using a trash email address (dodging unwanted posts) to see what my wife and kids are up to.
Old January 12th 17, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 9:04:35 AM UTC-8, Tango Eight wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 11:33:07 AM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
Not a real fan of Facebook, but here is one link

me, either. Thanks for link.

They are really going out of their way to make the experience unpleasant for non-members. Is there anyway to make that big floating frame go away without having an account?

-Evan

Congratulations to Sean! Please figure out how to make the tracker stay on. When Sean's is gone I follow Dave Springford, our Northern neighbour. He was in the big pack seeming to be led my Tom Claffey. Seems like work.
Congratulations also to Uys and Attie! It's rare to see a brand new glider do that well. Ask Dick Butler how difficult.
Bruce Taylor and Andrew Georgeson decided not to go with the pack and paid dearly in points, but had a nicer time.

Rrrrrrr.
Data mining programs try to make everyone contribute. How do they make huge (understatement) amounts of money on such crap? They took "Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies" literally.
Believe as Duster suggests the best way to make the frame go away completely is log in with some absolute BS email address with no address book. Yet to do that.
Accepting cookies (peligro) from them at least allows looking at videos and photos. Or right click/open in new tab helps.
Jim
Old January 12th 17, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Well done Sean, great result. Maybe now they'll listen?

Old January 12th 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 7:13:23 AM UTC-7, krasw wrote:
Such routine is this at WGC level that it did not make news anywhere?

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 7:13:17 AM UTC-8, Renny wrote:
We may hear more later.....

Mentioned in John Good's report.
http://ussoaringteams.org/january-12th/
Jim
Old January 12th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

The problem for us Luddites (of facebook) is that you're asked to
register or log in before seeing the information. If you select "Not
Now" the bottom quarter of your screen is blocked by the "Sign UP/Log
In" box. I had a facebook account at one time and was bombarded with
emails/notifications. Since I'm not interested in looking up old girl
friends, I deleted the account. But I continued to get the same email
spam until I blocked the domain.

See out takes from the Southpark episode related to facebook...

THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAVQLM7Jf_4
and
THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8rcp32eHrQ&list=RDUAVQLM7Jf_4

A total of about 2 minutes

--
Dan, 5J

Old January 12th 17, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 9:53:20 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
The problem for us Luddites (of facebook) is that you're asked to
register or log in before seeing the information.Â* If you select
"Not Now" the bottom quarter of your screen is blocked by the "Sign
UP/Log In" box.Â* I had a facebook account at one time and was
bombarded with emails/notifications.Â* Since I'm not interested in
looking up old girl friends, I deleted the account.Â* But I continued
to get the same email spam until I blocked the domain.

See out takes from the Southpark episode related to facebook...

THIS

and

THIS

A total of about 2 minutes

On 1/12/2017 9:33 AM, Duster wrote:

Not a real fan of Facebook, but here is one link

https://www.facebook.com/SoaringSocietyofAmerica/

Quite a remarkable video of one of the gaggles:
Scroll down to see the post by Matthew Scutter and pics by Sean

--

Dan, 5J

Also search for "the onion cia facebook program" using your favorite method..
Jim