Skylines

Old June 23rd 20, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Skylines

Once again Skylines.aero will not load on either of my computers. Has
anyone else had this problem?
--
Dan, 5J
Old June 24th 20, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 7:20:47 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Once again Skylines.aero will not load on either of my computers. Has
anyone else had this problem?
--
Dan, 5J

Try this https://brave.com/?ref=bvp360

Mike
Old June 25th 20, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's working again.Â* I just wiped the disk in my hangar computer and
loaded it with Ubuntu v. 20.Â* It's so very much better than Windows...

Old June 25th 20, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

On Thursday, 25 June 2020 03:40:41 UTC+2, Dan Marotta wrote:
It's working again.Â* I just wiped the disk in my hangar computer and
loaded it with Ubuntu v. 20.Â* It's so very much better than Windows....
--
Dan, 5J

+1
If you find there are applications which only run on Windows you can run them in a Windows VM using Virtualbox, KVM, etc. without fiddling with Wine. Even Microsoft are moving towards Linux (WSL on Windows, Azure practically runs on Linux, etc.)
Old June 25th 20, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Thompson[_2_]

At 05:37 25 June 2020, Surge wrote:
On Thursday, 25 June 2020 03:40:41 UTC+2, Dan Marotta wrote:
It's working again.=C2=A0 I just wiped the disk in my hangar computer

and=
=20
loaded it with Ubuntu v. 20.=C2=A0 It's so very much better than

Windows.=
...=20
--=20

=
Even Microsoft are moving towards Linux (WSL on Windows, Azure

practically
=
runs on Linux, etc.)

I've had no success with Wine or Virtual Box to run LX Styler or indeed
Garmin Express
since only windows 10 dev versions are available. Older ran OK. If you know
a good
howto, please post a link. Thanks . (running Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS)

Skylines Trouble? Dan Marotta Soaring 1 June 15th 20 10:55 PM
IOS App for Skylines? Sean Fidler Soaring 29 May 13th 15 01:49 PM
skylines down? Brad[_2_] Soaring 0 April 28th 15 05:01 AM
How are flights in SkyLines scored? kirk.stant Soaring 2 April 12th 14 08:43 AM
SkyLines Updates Tobias Bieniek Soaring 3 April 24th 13 07:33 AM