Tango Uniform

Old December 22nd 04, 06:10 PM
Jim Fisher

Default Tango Uniform

What is the etymology of Tango Uniform?

I'm guessing "tails up" or "tits up" but anyone know for sure?

--
Jim Fisher

Old December 22nd 04, 06:29 PM
Peter R.

Jim Fisher ) wrote:

What is the etymology of Tango Uniform?

I'm guessing "tails up" or "tits up" but anyone know for sure?

I always interpreted to mean "tits up," which implies a body lying on
its back dead.

--
Peter

Old December 22nd 04, 06:39 PM
Peter MacPherson

Why would "tits up" imply they're dead? I've seen my share of
"tits up" and I'm pretty sure they weren't dead. Ummm..at least
I hope so. ; - )

Old December 22nd 04, 06:51 PM

Jim Fisher wrote:
What is the etymology of Tango Uniform?

I'm guessing "tails up" or "tits up" but anyone know for sure?

--
Jim Fisher

Well, the usage coincides perfectly with the usage of "tits up" that I
see. (Technical gizmo no longer working)

Old December 22nd 04, 07:05 PM
Gene Seibel

As in roadkill.
--
Gene Seibel
Confessions of a Pilot - http://pad39a.com/publishing/

Old December 22nd 04, 07:23 PM
rec.aviation.piloting

How about "Toes Up"?

-Malcolm Teas

Old December 22nd 04, 08:51 PM
m pautz

Jim Fisher wrote:

What is the etymology of Tango Uniform?

I'm guessing "tails up" or "tits up" but anyone know for sure?

I have always heard it as Tits Up as a description for dead. If it were
"toes up" or "tails up", there would be no need to "sanitize" it.

It's my understanding that the police are now using DRT to describe a
dead perpetrator. That means Dead Right There.

Old December 23rd 04, 12:06 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Fisher wrote:

What is the etymology of Tango Uniform?

I'm guessing "tails up" or "tits up" but anyone know for sure?

Tits up -- "dead".

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old December 23rd 04, 02:12 AM
Dave S

Think dead animal laying on its back.. Thats what my interpretation is..

Dave
(and yea.. I've had my share of the other variety, too)