Autopilot

Old November 10th 03, 12:47 AM
Hankal

Default Autopilot

I am looking for an autopilot for my 1973 Cessna 172M.
Do not need altitude hold. S-Tech would be fine.
Any suggestion?
What should I look out for in a used unit?
Hank
Old November 10th 03, 02:21 AM
Stu Gotts

STec is a good unit as you can add components to it as you see fit.
Before you look for a used unit, make sure you have someone who is
absolutely willing to install the unit and submit the necessary field
approval paperwork for you. Some of the goddamn FSDO nazis now take
it upon themselves to enforce what they think are federal copy write
laws, (even though they only exist as vaporware), not allowing the
use of an STC unless it specifically lists your aircraft. You can buy
STC's from the manufacturer for a mere $1000.00. The thought of a
$1000.00 part that is a piece of paper sickens me as it should you.