A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

US Sports Class Nationals Weather

Old June 15th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike
external usenet poster

Default US Sports Class Nationals Weather

I hope to have a dedicated soaring forecast web site up today or tomorrow for Parowan and will be on site myself from Sunday through the end of the contest. Anyone wanting a personal forecast there can track me down at my RV (look for the weather station). Dave Leonard is very helpfully running a RASP Blipmap for the contest area to which I will also provide links.

Current soaring weather there is excellent, with high-based cumulus over much of the mountains. Sunday will see breezy conditions, followed by cooler and drier weather as a dry front moves through. Early contest days are looking reasonable but blue. Bringing white hat just in case!

Mike
Old June 18th 12, 05:35 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike the Strike View Post
I hope to have a dedicated soaring forecast web site up today or tomorrow for Parowan ...
Mike,

I look forward to the Parowan forecast links! I'm hoping I didn't miss them and they are actually posted somewhere else.

I will be following the contest from "up the road" in Salt Lake City and will be interested to see how the forecast matches up to the daily reports...no pressure!

All the best for a safe and great contest!

Brad.
Old June 19th 12, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike
external usenet poster

On Friday, June 15, 2012 8:02:43 AM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
I hope to have a dedicated soaring forecast web site up today or tomorrow for Parowan and will be on site myself from Sunday through the end of the contest. Anyone wanting a personal forecast there can track me down at my RV (look for the weather station). Dave Leonard is very helpfully running a RASP Blipmap for the contest area to which I will also provide links.

Current soaring weather there is excellent, with high-based cumulus over much of the mountains. Sunday will see breezy conditions, followed by cooler and drier weather as a dry front moves through. Early contest days are looking reasonable but blue. Bringing white hat just in case!

Mike

Web site, with Parowan weather station and my daily forecast (posted by 8:00am daily) is now up at:

http://www.mike-the-strike.net/Soari...Parowan12.html

Mike
Old June 22nd 12, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:12:56 AM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Friday, June 15, 2012 8:02:43 AM UTC-7, Mike the Strike wrote:

Wind strength 17 knts gusting 23 dictated that we cancel the day for today, tomorrow isn't looking much better.

Mike

Web site, with Parowan weather station and my daily forecast (posted by 8:00am daily) is now up at:

http://www.mike-the-strike.net/Soari...Parowan12.html

Mike

Old June 23rd 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike
external usenet poster

More wind Saturday, but cumuli arrive tomorrow!
Old June 23rd 12, 10:48 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike the Strike View Post
Enjoying the ability to see your work during the contest...thank you!

Brad.
Old June 24th 12, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K
external usenet poster

On Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:35:42 PM UTC-6, Mike the Strike wrote:

Thanks for posting the site. I was signed up but had to w/d due to scheduling conflict. Now I can follow along. With the high dry wind in UT this week I don't envy your job. Best of luck.