I need to trace an IP address

Old April 24th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I need to trace an IP address

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
buttman wrote in news:c17c81d0-d051-4b54-ac65-
:

On Apr 24, 12:00 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:
It shows up as

Hostname

cpe-72-191-163-46.elp.res.rr.com

Geo-Location Information

Country United States
State/Region TX
City El Paso
Latitude 31.7958
Longitude -106.3762
Area Code 915
Oh hey, El Paso, thats where I live, great town 8)

What a coincidence! You can help Dudley track the psycho down!

Bertie
No need. I've already taken steps with Wikipedia that will remove

the
biographical sketch by my own request.
The requests I get for this information are declining anyway, and

our
office can handle it here when and if needed.
When the bio was uploaded to Wiki, I should have realized and taken

into
account Usenet nonsense.
No biggie at all.

Oh, someone added some nasty stuff to your Wiki page, eh?

Bertie

No. Just have no need for it and it seems to bring put all the kooks

reference it for whatever the idiotic reasons are that motivate them.
:-))

Ah, OK. I thought it had to do with the k00k from texas.

i wonder what buttman's wiki entry would look like?

Bertie
Old April 24th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

Don't know. Each pilot has to make their own mark on the profession.
Time has a way of sorting these things out for sure :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old April 24th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

Hmmm.. I can only imagine how time will sort him out.

Bertie
Old April 24th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
[...]

He and I don't seem to view flight instruction the same way. I guess
time will sort out if one of us was wrong.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old April 24th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:59:15 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

it seems to bring put all the kooks to
reference it for whatever the idiotic reasons are that motivate them.

If you had bothered to remove the crosspost to kook newsgroups from
your followup, you might see less of that sort of activity. Just a
thought.
Old April 24th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:59:15 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote in
:

it seems to bring put all the kooks to
reference it for whatever the idiotic reasons are that motivate them.

If you had bothered to remove the crosspost to kook newsgroups from
your followup, you might see less of that sort of activity. Just a
thought.

Don't think so. The person causing the "activity" is right here on this
forum.
I do agree however that eliminating the other forums would have been
better procedure in this case.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old April 24th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

gregvk wrote:
He's not "warning" anyone of anything they can't see for themselves. He
must think everyone is ****ing stupid.

Sigh.

He suspects that you are counting on a few people to overlook the change in
the Newsgroups header. It happens not through stupidity but simple
oversight. You know that and I know that and Larry knows that.

I've seen it happen and have no doubt you have too. The classic trick used
to be to add misc.test so that anyone responding who wasn't paying
attention would get auto-responder e-mails they weren't expecting. But in
an age of constant spam, that old trick is like spitting into the ocean.
(Plus the number of autoresponders is down to one or two I think.)

Say - you could always try to fight your own fights rather than trying to
drag in hounds from other groups.

Go ahead and deny part or all of above - it wont change what I think. And
oh yeah, you'll say you don't care what I think. But if that were true you
wouldn't even be posting to a discussion group. The whole point of posting
anything at all to a discussion group is presumably because you "care" in
some sense (even if it might be a perverse one) in how people think and
respond to the postings.

Sigh.
Old April 24th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:06:39 -0400, Dudley Henriques sayeth:

No need. I've already taken steps with Wikipedia that will remove the
biographical sketch by my own request. The requests I get for this
information are declining anyway, and our office can handle it here when
and if needed. When the bio was uploaded to Wiki, I should have realized
and taken into account Usenet nonsense.
No biggie at all.

Funny, as just yesterday you were defending the page, saying it was
"frequently" needed:

"Just to enlighten you, I serve an many real world aviation safety think
tanks where requests for a bio are frequently asked for. The wiki page
simply makes it easier for interested people to access requested
information."

Now that the wikipedia admins are deleting it, you're now saying the page
is not needed?
Old April 24th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Buttman wrote:
[...]

Nice try but not really a very good twist on the real situation.
The quote you have presented here without the accompanying text that
completes the post was written ONLY after the bio was attacked by
another poster. In other words, the information about the bio was NOT
used until it was mentioned negatively by someone else and in response
to what was said.

As for my asking that the bio be deleted; that decision was made for the
exact reasons given and has nothing whatsoever to do with Wikipedia.

For your information, Wikipedia "deletes" thousands of files they feel
are unnecessary and take up needed space on their site. Our decision to
add to the deletion process was simply offered to inform Wiki that we
understand the situation completely.

God, what a small world you live in.

--
Dudley Henriques