Operating cost: C421 PA31 an BE58

Old January 12th 05, 10:09 PM
Jarema

Default Operating cost: C421 PA31 an BE58

If my boss buy a plane I would be prospective pilot on it. He thinks
about cabin class twin or BE58. After fast research we together decided
to choose from:
- Cessna 421C
- Piper Navajo
- Beech 58 Baron.

Could you give me example operating cost?
Would it be difficult to buy insurance for low time pilot? (360TT, 50ME,
ifr rated)

I would be thankful for any comments

Michal Kobielak
Old January 12th 05, 11:07 PM
Robert M. Gary

Jarema wrote:
If my boss buy a plane I would be prospective pilot on it. He thinks
about cabin class twin or BE58. After fast research we together

decided
to choose from:
- Cessna 421C
- Piper Navajo
- Beech 58 Baron.

Could you give me example operating cost?
Would it be difficult to buy insurance for low time pilot? (360TT,

50ME,
ifr rated)

It would be very expensive to insure a low time pilot in a cabin class
twin. It would probably be less expensive to pay a professional pilot
than the insurance extra. Also, insurance co's always give discounts
for professional pilots, even if they have LESS time than the employee.
They like it when pilots don't have any other responsibilities in the
company.

-Robert

Old January 13th 05, 05:09 AM
Dude

"Jarema" wrote in message
If my boss buy a plane I would be prospective pilot on it. He thinks about
cabin class twin or BE58. After fast research we together decided to
choose from:
- Cessna 421C
- Piper Navajo
- Beech 58 Baron.

Could you give me example operating cost?
Would it be difficult to buy insurance for low time pilot? (360TT, 50ME,
ifr rated)

I would be thankful for any comments

Michal Kobielak

If a Baron will do, then likely a Seneca will as well. Look closer at your
mission and see if you can't settle for a Seneca II. You can get insured
for a Seneca more easily.

Operating costs on the planes you listed go from $200 to $300 per hour. It
all can vary a LOT.

Old January 13th 05, 12:17 PM
Denny

You are unlikely to get insurance at any price on the three airplanes
listed, given your hours and especially for business flight in an
airplane you don't own... Check with your insurance agent...
I agree that that a Seneca is one they may cover, or an Aztec, but the
insurance will still be costly until you have 1000 hours total with 500
hours in ME... Consider the suggestion for a propilot to help you
build your hours - this is a win-win situation with lower insurance for
your boss and free time building for you...

Denny