Searching for Budd RB-1 Conestoga NC45354

Old November 17th 10, 11:16 AM
TuckerFan48 TuckerFan48 is offline
Junior Member

Default Searching for Budd RB-1 Conestoga NC45354

I am new to your forum so please forgive me if my question has been asked before. I am searching for records of a Budd RB-1 Conestoga. It was one of three prototypes built by Budd. The aircraft number was NC45354. I went to the FAA website but was unable to find any information.

This planes US Navy aircraft number was #39303. It was initially sold by the War assets Commission to National Skyway Freight Corp. National Skyway became the Flying Tiger line in 1947.

It was sold by October of 1949 to Robert Kahn of Larado TX. It was used by Kahn to fly shrimp back from Mexico. It was piloted by Monroe Cauble of Brownsville TX. It was rumored to have been last spotted in Oakland, CA.

I would like to see if anything from this aircraft still exists. If not, are there any records of what happened to it. Anything at all is helpful.

Thank you for any assistance that you can offer. I'm hoping maybe someone on the forum can help me out with an answer to this.
Old December 3rd 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Ed

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:16:28 +0000, TuckerFan48
wrote:

I am new to your forum so please forgive me if my question has been
asked before. I am searching for records of a Budd RB-1 Conestoga. It
was one of three prototypes built by Budd. The aircraft number was
NC45354. I went to the FAA website but was unable to find any
information.

Check with Aerofiles
Old December 3rd 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Szalay[_2_]

Ed wrote in
news
wrote:

I am new to your forum so please forgive me if my question has been
asked before. I am searching for records of a Budd RB-1 Conestoga. It
was one of three prototypes built by Budd. The aircraft number was
NC45354. I went to the FAA website but was unable to find any
information.

Check with Aerofiles

un-verified information ,
it was scrapped in Calif. after
repeated mech. failures.
Old December 4th 10, 11:57 AM
TuckerFan48 TuckerFan48 is offline
Junior Member

I didn't see anything other than a picture in Aerofiles but then I'm not familiar with tracking aircraft at all. Don't records need to be reported to the FAA on aircraft?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NC45354 Oakland 9_1_48.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	45679
Old December 4th 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Szalay[_2_]

TuckerFan48 wrote in

un-verified information ,
it was scrapped in Calif. after
repeated mech. failures.

I didn't see anything other than a picture in Aerofiles but then I'm
not familiar with tracking aircraft at all. Don't records need to be
reported to the FAA on aircraft?

IF the aircraft in use, yes, annuals inspections, flight plans ETC:
but if the registration has not been renewed or expired, they have no way
of knowing what happens to the aircraft.

I'm not a lawyer.
But I am not aware of any requirement to notify the FAA of the aircraft's
status, other than registration, annual inspections. and or possible mods.
with a request for variance of type-acceptance. & Flight plans, IF in use,
for required areas.

searching for jean rosemarieaddison simmonds Naval Aviation 0 April 22nd 08 08:48 AM
OLC Searching Jack Soaring 2 August 19th 05 05:43 PM
Searching For The Right Airplane NewsBOT Simulators 0 February 18th 05 10:46 PM
Searching for ASW 24WL Benjamin Bauer Soaring 0 April 22nd 04 08:14 AM