I don't care what harrison Ford says

Old March 24th 04, 10:12 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "G.R. Patterson III" said:
Tony Ryan wrote:

Isn't it time to draw a line on what should fly instead of what can fly?

No.

I'd argue that nobody should be flying an aircraft more than a century
old. And I'd be willing to see that as a hard and fast rule for the next
4 or 5 years, at which point it should be repealed.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; give him a freshly-
Old March 24th 04, 10:19 PM
Andrew Gideon

Paul Tomblin wrote:

I'd argue that nobody should be flying an aircraft more than a century
old. And I'd be willing to see that as a hard and fast rule for the next
4 or 5 years, at which point it should be repealed.

Just extend it every year for about a year, and we'll be fine (except for
poor DaVinci {8^).

- Andrew

Old March 25th 04, 04:17 AM
One's Too Many

Isn't it time to draw a line on what
should fly instead of what can fly?

Like perhaps... you?
Old March 25th 04, 03:09 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Tony Ryan" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
Beavers are obsolete and at best potential beer cans.
I watched a DC-3 loose a wing in '87...Isn't it time to draw a line on what
should fly instead of what can fly?

I've been looking at planes recently, I looking to buy a stinson
perhaps, or aeronca sedan. (I want a Maule, but they're too pricy
for me I think.) Now, these planes date from the 1940's. But, every
discussion I've had with a prospective seller has gone something like
this: "Well, it was recovered in 1970 and the wing struts were
replaced. The engine cyclinders are new in 19xx", etc etc.

Most old airplanes are only partly old after all. The question is
which part. And even the old parts still work fine if they're in
spec. That's the point of inspection after all.

Reminds me of a story about an ad: "100 year old ax for sale. Handle
replaced 10 years ago, head replaced 20 years ago."

-Malcolm
Old March 25th 04, 03:15 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Malcolm Teas wrote:

I want a Maule, but they're too pricy for me I think.

What's your price range?

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.
Old March 28th 04, 04:27 AM
Chris Schmelzer

In article
ogers.com,
"Tony Ryan" wrote:

http://www.trafford.com/robots/03-1830.html

Pathetic....

Writing and promotion.....sigh....

Pathetic..
Old March 28th 04, 11:19 AM
pacplyer

"Tony Ryan" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
Beavers are obsolete and at best potential beer cans.
I watched a DC-3 loose a wing in '87...Isn't it time to draw a line on what
should fly instead of what can fly?

Naw. I'd rather be in a Beaver, a DC-3, or a 1903 flyer .... than
risk my neck on the same highway with a drunk, dope-smoking phone man
coming the opposite direction. :^D

talk about danger!

pacplyer
Old March 29th 04, 10:21 AM
Jack

On 3/24/04 8:04 AM, in article
gers.com, "Tony Ryan"
wrote:

...it is impossible to feign intelligence.

Don't give up.

Jack