Brokerage fee

Old October 15th 19, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Brokerage fee

I'm working on the sale of a glider from a deceased club member for his estate. The estate has no idea how to sell a glider and what level of effort is involved. What is a fair brokerage fee (percentage) to handle the transaction for them? I plan on putting the glider on several websites and marketing it locally. I'll be handling inquiries, showing, the sale and paperwork to transfer ownership. Obviously I'm not a professional broker, just trying to help them but they have asked what a fair fee would be.
Old October 15th 19, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 7:23:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm working on the sale of a glider from a deceased club member for his estate. The estate has no idea how to sell a glider and what level of effort is involved. What is a fair brokerage fee (percentage) to handle the transaction for them? I plan on putting the glider on several websites and marketing it locally. I'll be handling inquiries, showing, the sale and paperwork to transfer ownership. Obviously I'm not a professional broker, just trying to help them but they have asked what a fair fee would be.

I have handled a couple and have treated them as a favor to my deceased friend.
FWIW
UH
Old October 15th 19, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 5:56:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 7:23:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm working on the sale of a glider from a deceased club member for his estate. The estate has no idea how to sell a glider and what level of effort is involved. What is a fair brokerage fee (percentage) to handle the transaction for them? I plan on putting the glider on several websites and marketing it locally. I'll be handling inquiries, showing, the sale and paperwork to transfer ownership. Obviously I'm not a professional broker, just trying to help them but they have asked what a fair fee would be.

I have handled a couple and have treated them as a favor to my deceased friend.
FWIW
UH

I would do the same, however, this is a club member who last was active nearly 20 years ago. Nobody remembers him. He did however continue to pay storage fees with our club during that time.
Old October 15th 19, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 8:07:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Why don't you just sell the ship as a favor to the deceased? I sometimes am at a loss for words when it comes to this type of situation. Why be so worried about 20 years past.
Old October 15th 19, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 6:43:48 PM UTC-6, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

I can give you the estates contact info. You can take the lead.
Old October 15th 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 8:45:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

If you have no affection for the deceased sell his glider, without taking a fee, for the good of soaring. It ain't that hard. Clubs do this all the time. A glider getting back in the air should make us all happy. Find a local buyer and it is good for your club. Everybody wins.
Old October 15th 19, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Do this guys family, your club, and our soaring community a service by just handling it gratis. I buy, restore n sell aircraft every year and the marketing n selling involves virtually zero effort and zero time:
- an ad on wingsnwheels
-an ad on barnstormers.com and a couple of phone calls answered “heres the paperwork, heres the logs, what u see is what u get, heres the price” end of story.
Old October 15th 19, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 5:23:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm working on the sale of a glider from a deceased club member for his estate. The estate has no idea how to sell a glider and what level of effort is involved. What is a fair brokerage fee (percentage) to handle the transaction for them? I plan on putting the glider on several websites and marketing it locally. I'll be handling inquiries, showing, the sale and paperwork to transfer ownership. Obviously I'm not a professional broker, just trying to help them but they have asked what a fair fee would be.

What glider is it, condition? It could be a headache and take a lot of your time.

Mike
Old October 15th 19, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

What's a day of your time worth?

Open trailer, pull out & take photos, :30 or an hour. Web listings, :20. Canned email response with photos, copy of last inspection signoff, :10. They have to be serious before I'll drag it out repeatedly. I can figure that out based on questions. Collect notarized authorization of estate signatories, death certificate, bill of sale and registration application and be the escrow officer.... receive phone verified cashier's check, complete docs and hand over logs and keys. The actual transaction takes maybe :30 including the call to the issuing bank.

If it is something that will sell easily, you're off the hook early. Show them comps from other ads.

Sometimes the executor only feels comfortable if they pay something. You could ask them to make it a donation to his club . . .
I've done it for several estates.

Cindy
Old October 15th 19, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 1:20:05 AM UTC-5, CindyB wrote:
Collect notarized authorization of estate signatories, death certificate, bill of sale and registration application and be the escrow officer.... receive phone verified cashier's check, complete docs and hand over logs and keys.

Obtain the Trailer Title / Bill of Sale with the VIN or some factory number off of the trailer data plate. Getting a trailer tag is often an afterthought after the purchase and can be a paperwork hassle. May require an inspection and weighing in some states. The trailer tag and registration paper must match when the highway patrol stops you, as having one tag for 3 trailers is over, at least in Texas. Ask me how I know!

Brokerage fees (was In for Annual) David Megginson Piloting 0 August 5th 04 07:02 PM
Average brokerage fee? sue t Piloting 5 December 19th 03 09:02 PM
Brokerage fees - industry standard? sue t General Aviation 2 December 16th 03 09:16 PM
Brokerage fees sue t Aviation Marketplace 1 December 16th 03 05:31 PM