People...

Old October 8th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Default People...

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jay Honeck writes:

How much do you pay them?

Part-timers start at $8/hour plus commission.

Considering this is an entry-level position, in a town with 34,000
college students, I find it quite remarkable that we're having so much
trouble finding good people....

How much does an apartment cost per month in your town? What about groceries
for one person?

Don't worry. I think it's unlikely that Jay
would hire you....

Old October 8th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
brtlmj

Part-timers start at $8/hour plus commission.
Considering this is an entry-level position, in a town with 34,000
college students, I find it quite remarkable that we're having so much
trouble finding good people....

There is a supermarket in my town (also a college town) that pays
about twice as much per hour. They don't have problems finding good
employees, and it is a pleasure to shop there - even though they are
not cheap.

Bartek

Old October 8th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

How much do you pay them?

Part-timers start at $8/hour plus commission.

Considering this is an entry-level position, in a town with 34,000
college students, I find it quite remarkable that we're having so
much trouble finding good people....

How much does an apartment cost per month in your town? What about
groceries for one person?

What, getting evicted from your dumpster?

Bertie
Old October 8th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote:
Jay Honeck writes:

How much do you pay them?
Part-timers start at $8/hour plus commission.

Considering this is an entry-level position, in a town with 34,000
college students, I find it quite remarkable that we're having so
much trouble finding good people....

How much does an apartment cost per month in your town? What about
groceries for one person?

Don't worry. I think it's unlikely that Jay
would hire you....

I think burger king is looking for a nighth manager.

He might last a week before getting fired.

Bertie
Old October 8th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_3_]

Jay:

Don't tell him- he may want to move back to the States from France and live
on the dole in Iowa City. That would be a quick way to ruin the town.
Imagine Anthony attending the airport commision meetings?

Old October 8th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Viperdoc" wrote)
Don't tell him- he may want to move back to the States from France and
live on the dole in Iowa City. That would be a quick way to ruin the town.
Imagine Anthony attending the airport commision meetings?

I for one would welcome Ms Maniac X moving to the Midwest - near the
Mississippi River, and me.

Montblack

Old October 8th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Jay Honeck wrote:
For sitting at a counter and signing in a few guests?

Damn........Righteous bucks.

Well, I think so. Funny thing is, the pay isn't mentioned in the ad,
so it has nothing to do with our recent lack of applicants. We used
to run the exact same ad, in years past, and get dozens of people
applying.

Sounds like your reputation has gotten around. :-)

Matt
Old October 8th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can
only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largesse
(a liberal gift) out of public treasury. From that moment on the
majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits
from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always
collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a
Dictatorship."

We are there. The takers have won.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight -http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Isn't that an Alexis de Tocqueville quote?

Old October 9th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
For sitting at a counter and signing in a few guests?

Damn........Righteous bucks.

Well, I think so. Funny thing is, the pay isn't mentioned in the ad,
so it has nothing to do with our recent lack of applicants. We used
to run the exact same ad, in years past, and get dozens of people
applying.

One problem we've discovered is that we have incrementally added
services since we opened five years ago that make the job more than
"sitting at the counter". When you add these tasks a little at a
time to a worker, over a period of years, they seem insignificant.
When you're training a new person from "zero", however, they can seem
overwhelming.

It might be time to add to the pay a bit, with the extra duties. I don't
know what the commission adds, on an average per hour basis, to be really
fair in suggesting that, though.

Word may have gotten around about your pay, and how much is required of your
workers.

I'm in no way criticizing your pay, or management style. It is just a
commentary on the fact that higher pay will usually attract a better class
of employee. Some may even switch from another job to come to your place,
if the pay is higher and the job is more interesting.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 9th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

On Oct 8, 4:17 pm, wrote:
"A Democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of Government. It can
only exist until the voters discover they can vote themselves largesse
(a liberal gift) out of public treasury. From that moment on the
majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits
from the public treasury with the result that Democracy always
collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a
Dictatorship."

We are there. The takers have won.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight -http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html
Because I fly, I envy no one.

Isn't that an Alexis de Tocqueville quote?

Yes, circa 1848.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/

"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Laonork Owning 8 May 21st 12 05:56 AM
Are People Still Flying As Much Around You? Jay Honeck Piloting 38 November 14th 05 12:41 AM
Some People Dale General Aviation 1 July 4th 05 06:33 PM
"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Flyingmonk Piloting 11 May 17th 05 10:26 AM
C-182 and 5 people Chris Piloting 13 November 8th 04 03:41 AM