Warszaw Pact War Plans ( The Effects of a Global Thermonuclear War ...)

Old December 8th 03, 08:23 PM
Keith Willshaw

Default Warszaw Pact War Plans ( The Effects of a Global Thermonuclear War ...)

"JASON A. KAATZ" wrote in message
.. .
With the spread of radiation all human and animal life on earth would end.

Hardly old boy, radiation is all around as it is, we may suceed in
making the human race extinct but 90% of life on earth wouldnt
be touched.

We tend to underestimate what radiation can due because it can not be

seen.

Speak for yourself old chap, as a former registered radiation
worker I am well aware of its risks.

Live a good life while you can - our star will burn out in ten thousand or
less -

Now you are being silly, best estimates for the life of our
private stellar furnace suggest that it will take between 5 and 7
BILLION years before stellar evolution takes a turn that
will imperil this particular orbiting rock.

nuclear war is about the end of civilization and will only progress
the end of all animal and human life as we know it.

That rather depends on factors such as how many weapons are
used and of what sort. We have already had one war that
went nuclear.

Follow ups trimmed to more sensible levels.

Keith

Old December 10th 03, 03:27 AM
JASON A. KAATZ

There are some scientific papers published in recent years that suggest
otherwise by experts in the astro fields. There are also concerns about
some potential strikes by meteors that have warrant concerns in years to
come. We are also seeing some changes in the environment -- genetic
alterations to some species of animals as well as bacteria. If the UVB
problem and the Ozone layer situation continues on its current path the
risks for systemic diseases like Lupus are of concern and have been cited in
scientific papers around the world. Cattle, Wolves and other species of
animals which can survive at higher altitudes are already at risk. NASA has
joined with a number of scientific organizations to establish UVB Monitoring
stations around the world which are under construction. One in Switzerland
open not so long ago and there are some located in the U.S. and Canada.

We can and will have. to come to grips with the fact that our planet is
being altered in a number of ways by various forms of radiation. There was
a study at the University of Oregon a few years ago that resulted from the
study on one species of Tad-poles I believe that is worth reading and was
once written up in the NY Times. Nuclear war could speed up the process. We
may learn more about the process by studying bacteria and viruses on other
planets in the future.

Old December 10th 03, 08:05 AM
Keith Willshaw

"JASON A. KAATZ" wrote in message
There are some scientific papers published in recent years that suggest
otherwise by experts in the astro fields. There are also concerns about
some potential strikes by meteors that have warrant concerns in years to
come. We are also seeing some changes in the environment -- genetic
alterations to some species of animals as well as bacteria.

Thats called evolution old son.

If the UVB
problem and the Ozone layer situation continues on its current path the
risks for systemic diseases like Lupus are of concern and have been cited

in
scientific papers around the world.

Ozone levels in the upper atmosphere has zero effect on Lupus
High levels in the lower atmosphere can make it worse, try and
understand the difference theres a good chap.

Cattle, Wolves and other species of
animals which can survive at higher altitudes are already at risk. NASA

has
joined with a number of scientific organizations to establish UVB

Monitoring
stations around the world which are under construction. One in

Switzerland
open not so long ago and there are some located in the U.S. and Canada.

Which has NOTHING to do with the case at point.

We can and will have. to come to grips with the fact that our planet is
being altered in a number of ways by various forms of radiation.

We'd die without it, radiation from the sun keeps us from freezing.

There was
a study at the University of Oregon a few years ago that resulted from the
study on one species of Tad-poles I believe that is worth reading and was
once written up in the NY Times. Nuclear war could speed up the process.

We
may learn more about the process by studying bacteria and viruses on other
planets in the future.

You sir are a Grade A loon

Keith