Leaving the community

Old November 4th 04, 12:44 AM
Dan Luke

"David Brooks" wrote:
That being so, and despite what should be an apolitical setting, I can
no
longer in good faith keep company with a group of which the majority,
know, has elected to deliver the country I love, and chose as my home,
into
the hands of Bush and his repressive, regressive masters.

So long. Thanks for all the conversations. You guys have made me a
better
pilot.

Aww take it easy, David. I'm appalled that my fellow citizens would
re-elect Bush but, still, some of my best friends are Republicans.
Hell, my business partner is just a hair to the right of Gengis Khan.

Sometimes the hyperbole gets a little too far over the top -- C J is
certainly a prime practitioner of the art -- but don't let it a little
obnoxious bluster run you off.

We can't give up on the idea that America is a nation where people
respect and love one another in spite of diverse political views. If we
do that we are truly lost.

--
Dan

"How can an idiot be a policeman? Answer me that!"
- Chief Inspector Dreyfus

Old November 6th 04, 12:58 AM
Icebound

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"David Brooks" wrote:
That being so, and despite what should be an apolitical setting, I can no
longer in good faith keep company with a group of which the majority, I
know, has elected to deliver the country I love, and chose as my home,
into
the hands of Bush and his repressive, regressive masters.

So long. Thanks for all the conversations. You guys have made me a better
pilot.

Aww take it easy, David. I'm appalled that my fellow citizens would
re-elect Bush but, still, some of my best friends are Republicans. Hell,
my business partner is just a hair to the right of Gengis Khan.

Sometimes the hyperbole gets a little too far over the top -- C J is
certainly a prime practitioner of the art --

Speaking of CJ... he hasn't been heard from in a week or more????

Old November 4th 04, 01:43 AM
Cecil Chapman

Awww David, hang around! Lots of good stuff to be learned here. I've lived
on the earth long enough to recognize that living amongst Cro-Magnons can be
amusing. Yeah, they unfortunately have the right to vote,,,, but they make
a few grunts and run in the wall a few times and next thing we know, they
are running back to 'us' for advice and help.

I, too, am worried about the direction the country will take. For instance,
I never thought I'd see the day that something like the "Patriot Act" would
be put into place. Whenever we strip away the very core constitutional
rights of our people, we do a great harm to our nation and allow the
terrorists to exact an even more telling blow on our country. Fortunately,
there are enough men and women of reason who have actively gone after things
like the Patriot Act, aiding in disabling its' most sinister provisions. It
will be men and women of reason and good conscience that will bring things
around, again. I DO believe Kerry was one of those people, but thankfully
there are many like him - congressmen and women that won't allow those
precious and hard-fought-for documents to be attacked at their very heart;
The Constitution of The United States and The Bill of Rights - never EVER
letting us forget that our Constitution begins with those words; "WE, the
people......"

Though I can't say I believe in a divine being or UFO's (so, in my opinion,
we can't depend on extraterrestrials to help us, either) grin, I can say
that I have always believed that in times of dire circumstance that people
of good conscience will always overcome, persevere and succeed - even when
things look to be their darkest. This country will have it's time to shine,
again! :0) I believe that with all my heart! You should too!!!

Stay with us! :O)

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old November 4th 04, 03:52 AM
Richard Hertz

"Cecil Chapman" wrote in message
[...]

Like the second ammendment?

Old November 4th 04, 10:49 PM
Greg Butler

[...]

This is what he is sitting at work wanting to see, pity. Well there is none
from me or 99% of the other posters.

Old November 4th 04, 02:03 AM
J Haggerty

Hey! Check your oxygen, you're showing symptoms of hypoxia!

JPH

David Brooks wrote:

One thing - one of so very many things - I learned in my five years of
flying is that partisan politics does not fit into the cockpit. Most of my
flight instructors have, I know, been to the right of me politically. I had
a most enjoyable flight with CJ - although he has since earned my undying
enmity by unapologetically using the term "Final Solution" in connection
with me and people like me, an astonishing thought coming from an avowedly
religious man, but telling and apt.

But now it seems the nation has, albeit by a slim margin, re-elected a weak,
hypocritical, murderous coward. Three years ago, when some writers on the
left started talking about fascism, I thought that an absurd stretch. No
longer. The parallels are not precise - they never are - but the broad sweep
and many of the components of a new fascist state are in place. The 48% who
didn't vote for this disaster keep knocking on my consciousness, but they
are now feeble and impotent. The thugs are in charge.

That being so, and despite what should be an apolitical setting, I can no
longer in good faith keep company with a group of which the majority, I
know, has elected to deliver the country I love, and chose as my home, into
the hands of Bush and his repressive, regressive masters.

So long. Thanks for all the conversations. You guys have made me a better
pilot.

-- David Brooks

Old November 4th 04, 05:52 AM
Brien K. Meehan

Don't forget to take your Kool-Aid with you.

Old November 4th 04, 05:56 PM
Fidel Perez

"Brien K. Meehan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't forget to take your Kool-Aid with you.

Cold-blooded. I like it.

Old November 4th 04, 06:13 AM
Adam K.

Whoa, Nelly!

Slow down.

I've never voted Republican in my life.

Take me with you.

ak
Old November 4th 04, 05:58 PM
Fidel Perez

"Adam K." wrote in message
om...
Whoa, Nelly!

Slow down.

I've never voted Republican in my life.

Take me with you.

ak

You must be one of those "Independents" I keep hearing about.

Leaving the community David Brooks Instrument Flight Rules 556 November 30th 04 08:08 PM
aero-domains for anybody in the aviation community secura Aviation Marketplace 1 June 26th 04 07:37 PM
Unruly Passengers SelwayKid Piloting 88 June 5th 04 08:35 AM
Report Leaving Assigned Altitude? John Clonts Instrument Flight Rules 81 March 20th 04 02:34 PM
Big Kahunas Jay Honeck Piloting 360 December 20th 03 12:59 AM