When will my portable powerFLARM have its logger functionality?

Old February 18th 13, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default When will my portable powerFLARM have its logger functionality?

On Monday, February 18, 2013 3:47:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:

If they have logger software submitted to IGC, I don't get why we can't use the logger now without IGC blessing. US contests no not require IGC blessing, we just need IGC files.

John Cochrane

We can't use it because it hasn't been released!

Also waiting on the capability to update my Butterfly display thru powerflarm brick. Spring's coming guys....

T8
Old February 18th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Exactly right John.

PowerFLARM. Please "cough up" the software today as an unapproved (soon to be, of course ;-)) logger release that we can, for example, use for OLC. Waiting for the IGC is not necessary. Prove to us that this is in the pipeline :-)!

It may calm the mob for a few days...

It would take about 5 minutes to upload this file to your website and make the announcement. Thanks in advance!

Sean

F2
Old February 18th 13, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, February 18, 2013 2:47:32 PM UTC-6, SteveB_Z5 wrote:
Who will get IGC approval first, Flarm or ClearNav? (I now have 2 "almost" loggers in my glider.)

Steve

Better, who will let us download an IGC file with G record first, IGC blessing or no IGC blessing. I too have two almost loggers and two real loggers, and anxious to get rid of a few!

John Cochrane
Old February 18th 13, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

On Monday, February 18, 2013 1:44:22 PM UTC-8, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Exactly right John.

PowerFLARM. Please "cough up" the software today as an unapproved (soon to be, of course ;-)) logger release that we can, for example, use for OLC. Waiting for the IGC is not necessary. Prove to us that this is in the pipeline :-)!

It may calm the mob for a few days...

It would take about 5 minutes to upload this file to your website and make the announcement. Thanks in advance!

Sean

F2

http://flarm.invisionzone.com/index....pic=468&p=1397
I guess we should not have hidden it that well...
Will make files on powerflarm.us available within 24h.
Next release will shortly after we get the IGC approval (='real soon now')
Old February 18th 13, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Thanks! That is awesome!

Sean
Old February 18th 13, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Thank you! Yes, some of us can't keep up with every message board out
there. :-) Announcements via RAS, SSA e-News, Soaring Cafe, or other
"news" sites are good. :-)

So if I get this right, we simply update the PF unit with this
firmwa
http://flarm.invisionzone.com/index....h&attach_id=17

Then Log files will be written to an attached USB stick when the USB
stick is attached to the device during power-up.

Question #1: Does the device only write the _last_ flight (IGC file)?
Or all flights? Or does it check the USB directory and write only
missing flights?
Question #2: How does one clear out old logs (so the device memory/
storage system does not get full)? Does it automatically overwrite old
files? Or is there a manual process for clearing? Or do files get
wiped out as they are written to a USB stick?

Thanks again,

--Noel

Old February 18th 13, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

On Monday, February 18, 2013 2:34:34 PM UTC-8, noel.wade wrote:
[...]

For v2.60 go to http://powerflarm.us/manuals-softwar...release-notes/
then scroll down to "Firmware Updates for Portable and Brick"
Don't worry about the 'Beta' this was released in October and we have not found a bug in the flight recording yet.

Q1&2 PowerFLARM keeps the last flights in internal memory and overwrites oldest when the memory gets full. If a USB stick or SD card (depending on model) is detected it writes all the internal files out onto that media.
There is a way to manually clear all flights, but why would you care?
Old February 19th 13, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

I flew with a PowerFlarm Brick and V2.6 last weekend, and was able to get a log file via the USB method. It opened in SeeYou just fine. USB downloads is a real pain though. I am waiting eagerly for Serial downloads through my V7 to my Oudie, please...

And send the Naviter guys a portable and brick ASAP, please. They don't have one to debug their end!

Matt
Old February 21st 13, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Somewhat off topic, but I was recently asked what the altitude information that the PowerFLARM unit broadcasts for collision prevention is derived from. One person thought it was GPS but I assume it is pressure altitude. Couldn't find the answer on their site.
Old February 21st 13, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:35:04 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Somewhat off topic, but I was recently asked what the altitude information that the PowerFLARM unit broadcasts for collision prevention is derived from. One person thought it was GPS but I assume it is pressure altitude. Couldn't find the answer on their site.

Been discussed on r.a.s. many times, all Flarm units broadcast altitude based on GPS.

Darryl

powerflarm portable for sale [email protected] Soaring 0 October 23rd 12 03:32 PM
For Sale PowerFLARM Portable (USA) Andy[_1_] Soaring 0 September 17th 12 12:28 AM
Logger on PowerFlarm? LOV2AV8 Soaring 7 July 27th 12 03:18 AM
FS - Powerflarm Portable Westbender Soaring 0 January 9th 12 09:21 PM
PowerFLARM Portable mount option DaleKramer Soaring 11 October 20th 10 03:45 PM