Most Dangerous Time?

Old October 3rd 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Most Dangerous Time?

hat is the most dangerous time of any flight? On average, when should
a pilot be the most aware of what is going on? Gonna post this on
student forum too. Should be most interesting.
Ol SS aka Ol S&B (ol **** stirrer)
I hope we can steer this forum to a helpful and informative forum and
get away from the personal bull**** attacks.
Do you want to participate or just tagged as someone who doesn't know
their ass from a hole in the ground?
I really invite more participation by the pilots who are still low
time and need some good advice. There are a lot of people with lots of
diverse experience here to help out. I have no vested interest except
for that implied assist to those who ask for help?
As an assist ..when are you the most heavy? Lowest? Are you still in
the "GO" mode and ready to find yourself behind the events and the
aircraft?
Give it some thought and response.
Ol SS
Old October 3rd 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-10-03 06:52:37 -0700, "Ol Shy & Bashful" said:

[...]

Ah, the old "guess what I'm thinking" question, is it? ;-)

You know, in order to answer your question I decided to reverse your
question. When is it okay for a pilot not to be aware of what is going
on? And I started with initial planning for the trip down to walking in
your door at home.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old October 3rd 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

On Oct 3, 7:52*am, "Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote:
[...]

When in the vicinity of a solid object, be it another airplane or the
ground.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html
Old October 3rd 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
hat is the most dangerous time of any flight?

Statistically takeoffs and landings are the most dangerous as they account
for about half of all fatal accidents. Further breaking it down, takeoffs
are far more dangerous than landings (again going by statistics).

However if you were able to filter out those smart fellers who fly
overloaded aircraft on hot days, I suspect the numbers wouldn't look nearly
so grim.

Old October 3rd 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

- From my experience, I would say that the most dangerous time
is the first 10 seconds after something totally unexpected
happens.

What, like when you drop your crack pipe in the flammable upholstey of your
1973 Dodge Dart?

Bertie
Old October 3rd 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Lou

On Oct 3, 1:15 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Nomen Nescio wrote :

- From my experience, I would say that the most dangerous time
is the first 10 seconds after something totally unexpected
happens.

What, like when you drop your crack pipe in the flammable upholstey of your
1973 Dodge Dart?

Bertie

It was a Nova not a dart.
Lou
Old October 3rd 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Ol Shy & Bashful

Nomen Nescio wrote :

- From my experience, I would say that the most dangerous time
is the first 10 seconds after something totally unexpected
happens.

What, like when you drop your crack pipe in the flammable upholstey of your
1973 Dodge Dart?

Bertie

Well, so much for serious discussions....
Old October 3rd 08, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Ol Shy & Bashful

Nomen Nescio wrote :

- From my experience, I would say that the most dangerous time
is the first 10 seconds after something totally unexpected
happens.

What, like when you drop your crack pipe in the flammable upholstey of your
1973 Dodge Dart?

Bertie

It was a Nova not a dart.
* * * * *Lou

And ditto for serious discussions.
Old October 3rd 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 07:03:31 -0700, C J Campbell wrote:

When is it okay for a pilot not to be aware of what is going
on? And I started with initial planning for the trip down to walking in
your door at home.

Never.