2019 SSA handicap list

Old March 1st 19, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default 2019 SSA handicap list

And no, unless you have a recognized Doctors note, 40 gallons of "drinking water" is not allowed......

Yes, decades ago I asked this (being a skinny f'r.....).
;-)

Way back when, flying a light -20 A or C, I was at a disadvantage being light (150lbs in street clothes) against -20 B's and similar on a ridge or good day.

Old March 1st 19, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 3:19:13 PM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
And no, unless you have a recognized Doctors note, 40 gallons of "drinking water" is not allowed......

Yes, decades ago I asked this (being a skinny f'r.....).
;-)

Way back when, flying a light -20 A or C, I was at a disadvantage being light (150lbs in street clothes) against -20 B's and similar on a ridge or good day.

I am significantly lighter than you, Charlie, and I fly a very light glider, thus am about 20% below the max gross. When I flew at the regional contest last year the weather was rather hot and I asked the CD whether the extra water bottle was OK :-) Seriously though, if they apply a correction to my handicap next time, based on my being far below the reference weight, I won't complain.

Old March 2nd 19, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Yeah, could have........;-).....in theory though, whatever I started flying at weight wise (in a handicapped class) I would always have to fly at.
"Drinking water" may vary based on expected weather for the day.........LOL.......

Old March 2nd 19, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

They should have adjusted your handicap based on flying weight. Some contests use provided weight, some have scales.
Old March 2nd 19, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Yes, fixed ballast is acceptable in sports class. But you have to fly the same weight every day of the contest.