Type of glue

Old April 12th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Hanson

Default Type of glue

Richard,
As a superior alternative to Weldbond, you could also
use an industrial contact cement called Pliobond 20
(there are other versions available, but this one would
suit your application). It was designed by Goodyear
40+ years ago, and remains the premium industrial contact
cement. It is a little hard to find, but worth it.

I agree with the pencil line alignment marking before
gluing, as well as the Tesa tape on the leading edge.
Both sensible suggestions.

(other post in thread) Changing subject slightly....
is there a commonly available solvent
for the Gorilla glue? I've used it on other projects,
and I'm really
impressed with its strength. I just don't know about
how to remove it once cured.'

As to a solvent for the mighty Gorilla Glue, try using
a liquid paint stripper made for polyurethane paint,
or straight methylene chloride (gloves and goggles!).
What I have found works best though, is to mask off
any areas you do not want it on or in, and remove it
while half cured and leathery using an X-acto or equivalent.
It is a fantastic adhesive when properly used.

Paul Hanson

'Do the usual, unusually well'--Len Niemi

At 19:04 11 April 2007, Jeplane wrote:
I need to glue a Schleicher tail skid on my ASW19.

1- What type of glue would you use?

2- Can the tail skid tape be the same as the wings
tape?

Thanks for the comments

Richard
ASW19
Phoenix, AZ

Sisu 1a

Plexiglass Glue Jim Vincent Soaring 6 March 23rd 07 08:25 PM
Glue it to it [email protected] Home Built 22 December 15th 06 10:38 AM
Removable glue Lou Home Built 2 April 14th 05 06:57 AM
Glue Adair Home Built 3 July 18th 03 10:15 PM
Glue David Home Built 1 July 16th 03 05:51 PM