ssa

Old September 12th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Shelton

Default ssa

a friend said to come look.

amazing.

Old September 13th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon

"John Shelton" wrote in message
link.net...
a friend said to come look.

amazing.

"Depressing" is a better word.

Vaughn

Old September 13th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

John Shelton wrote:
a friend said to come look.

amazing.

Look at what ? The next post gave a link, but I'm told I am not
"allowed" to it !

Cheers, Charles

Old September 13th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, John Shelton wrote:
amazing.

"Pez D. Spenser Meets the Executives of Doom!"

Old September 13th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Lenox

I'm thinking something more along the lines of "pitiful".

Mark

amazing.

"Depressing" is a better word.

Vaughn

Old September 13th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn Curry

John Shelton wrote:
a friend said to come look.

amazing.

Hmm, more Pez material?

Shawn
Old September 13th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Shelton

I wouldn't know where to begin.

Well, I would...

http://www.soaravenal.com/doon6.htm

You see the kindly balding gentleman being lead off in handcuffs? Some of us
knew well before then and did nothing but whine or make oblique statements.
Those that came right out and said it were branded as nutballs (read: JJ) by
the calmer inhabitants.

I did even less. I drew a cartoon. Smug.

As an old man, I get to sit around and give gratuitous advice. And, as
younger men, you should ignore it. But the same theme has been going through
these halls for years. There are 3 groups: those that want changes that will
revive their (unbelievably beautiful and demanding) sport; those that want
to protect the Status Quo because it protects them; and those that don't
care. Whenever a group starts to bud that wants to make changes, offers real
suggestions and plans for accomplishing them, they are drained by dealing
with group 1 (everyone wants their idea even if they won't be the one
executing it), group 2 (stonewall), and group 3.

All 3 groups are being hurt by this most recent scandal (which is, in fact,
the same scandal that started when one idiot got the SSA moved from Santa
Monica to the f*kin' outback). But the ones who I am happy are going to feel
it are the ones who haven't felt a thing until now...Group 3. (and, by the
way, none of them are reading this. only group 1 and 2 are).

I can say "I told you so." but I didn't. I knew it, though.

And I can chortle about my precience, but there is nothing funny about
another blow to something that should be on the cover of Outside Magazine
and is instead consigned to a hospice.

John Shelton
www.yankeeairpirate.net

"Bob Kuykendall" wrote in message
ps.com...

Old September 13th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

John Shelton wrote:

http://www.soaravenal.com/doon6.htm

"Zero Sinko" hasn't flown a glider in how long??? But still hits the
mark.
(even if it's referring to old material, which any good performer
does).

Frankenglider: These bits are good, but if I cut these other bits off
and glue on those...
Frankensociety: The same thing.

Jim