What's the difference between a good landing and a Good landing?

Old May 12th 21, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default What's the difference between a good landing and a Good landing?

A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8
Old May 12th 21, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:20:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8

Maybe you mean Good landings
Old May 12th 21, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Janine Acee

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:20:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8

Worthy of, say, a Vice Admiral?!
Old May 12th 21, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:59:47 PM UTC-4, Janine Acee wrote:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:20:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8

Worthy of, say, a Vice Admiral?!

BRSS needs more bridges....
Old May 12th 21, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:59:47 PM UTC-4, Janine Acee wrote:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:20:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8

Worthy of, say, a Vice Admiral?!

Chief of Naval Operations. Only guy we know that has landed all his gliders in the water. No issues other than
being chagrined.
First to do with a passenger.
LOL
UH
Old May 14th 21, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Seaborn (A8)[_2_]

Yeah, and then we got to wade out in our underwear and bring the 27 shores edge and then through the woods to the trailer. We made a BIG impression on the local Amish community, what with several grown men coming out of the woods in our underwear carrying glider parts.
Old May 14th 21, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 8:15:41 PM UTC-6, John Seaborn (A8) wrote:
Yeah, and then we got to wade out in our underwear and bring the 27 shores edge and then through the woods to the trailer. We made a BIG impression on the local Amish community, what with several grown men coming out of the woods in our underwear carrying glider parts.

Yeah, you made an impression, but i doubt it was a BIG one after soaking your junk in cold water. No problem, though. The Amish don't get excited, as that might be construed as, well, excitement. Which is against all of their preferences of living the dullest life possible.

Not that there is anything wrong with that,
Old May 16th 21, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 8:21:42 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:59:47 PM UTC-4, Janine Acee wrote:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:20:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8

Worthy of, say, a Vice Admiral?!

Chief of Naval Operations. Only guy we know that has landed all his gliders in the water. No issues other than
being chagrined.
First to do with a passenger.
LOL
UH

If I remember correctly....UH was 'Baptized' in the New Castle area.{?}......
Old May 16th 21, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 4:24:08 PM UTC-4, R wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 8:21:42 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:59:47 PM UTC-4, Janine Acee wrote:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:20:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A Good landing is one you can swim away from.

-T8
Worthy of, say, a Vice Admiral?!

Chief of Naval Operations. Only guy we know that has landed all his gliders in the water. No issues other than
being chagrined.
First to do with a passenger.
LOL
UH

If I remember correctly....UH was 'Baptized' in the New Castle area.{?}......

North of Cumberland MD
So far only once.
UH
Old May 17th 21, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]

I love listening to the aquaflyer stories. Last 30 seconds equates to the fall of the guillotine. What's coming ain't gonna be fun. But.....everyone else gets to learn what to do and not. On any given Sunday, right.
I enjoyed Good Chilhowee story, bet his latest will be worthy of free beer.

A good landing is any one you can walk away from Byker Aviation Photos 0 January 29th 20 10:18 PM
A good landing is any one that you can walk away from Byker Aviation Photos 0 July 6th 15 10:10 PM
Good landing in Palatine Rick[_1_] Piloting 2 May 12th 07 02:13 PM
'Good' landing Gene Seibel Piloting 3 December 2nd 03 02:17 AM
Good, but not great landing. Big John Piloting 11 November 15th 03 06:47 AM