New England USA flying experience

Old July 24th 08, 06:11 PM
Captain Steve Vijay Sout Captain Steve Vijay Sout is offline
Junior Member

Default New England USA flying experience

Recently, I had the opportunity to fly north and discover the tranquil beauty of a New England’s fall season via my Beech Bonanza. What a great combination.
Our intermediate stop along our aviation pilgrimage was the Fitchburg Airport (KFIT) located adjacent to a small lone mountain located in central Massachusetts named Mt. Wachusetts. The airport is nestled to the east in a valley neighboring the rustic city of Fitchburg. The field consists of two uncontrolled runways 32-14 and 20-02 in excellent condition.
Upon my arrival was greeted by a jubilant and most informative person named Dick Fahlbeck. He promptly provided me with fuel assistances and information pertaining to overnight accommodations as well as advice pertaining to a small mechanical anomaly haunting our aircraft.
The next morning I ventured over to a quaint restaurant on the field for a hardy good old fashion breakfast inundated with aviation memorabilia and local pilots abound.
I then spoke with a local mechanic related to my mechanical dilemma. It was theorized per my description to possibly be a fouled spark plug or an ignition timing irregularity. It was suggested that all of the aforementioned be examined and could be accomplished within a 6 hour time span. I elected to undertake a complete examine of the aircraft for a piece of mind!
With time on my hands I decided to explore the airport’s long established flight school known as the FCA flight center. Upon entering the establishment I was once again greeted by Dick (also known as the Jack of all trades). Dick informed me that he is also part owner of this small but well organized flight school! I indicated to Dick that I had a day to kill while my aircraft was being examined next door for the mysteries gremlin and would like to patronize his flight school to sharpen my skills. Dick provided me with a most informative explanation of his flight school along with accommodating my needs on a short notice basis (Hats off once again to Dick).
Dick indicated that his prime instructor Tony was would busy for the entire morning fulfilling his training obligations and would be available mid afternoon to accomplish my skill sharpening session. My other option presented would be to fly with the other partner Bill Deblois (known as “BAD BILL”). I elected to fly with him. Once he showed up I was introduced and began conversing with him (more like a one way conversation. He did the talking and I did the listening)! He kept on rambling that he was an infallible senior Jet Captain for a major airline and a former school teacher with a racial detest towards foreign students.
After a quick preflight and a 60 minute flight with him that appeared to be several hours in duration with his ongoing droning monolog of his illustrious school teaching career (apparently terminated due to his critical verbiage) and piloting abilities akin to Buzz Aldrin!
I guess it just proves that his airline is an equal opportunity employer by hiring Bill (hiring the mentally incompetent in this case)!
Kudus especially to Dick and Tony for all of their generosity and support at the Fitchburg Flight School (especially with your enduring patients with Bill and his narcissistic attitude)! I definably will be content and wait for Tony the next time around!!
Additionally, after my post flight I was summoned by the mechanic responsible for diagnosing my aircraft. It turned out to be as predicted a fouled lower spark plug. The airplane has never run better!
Thanks for all of your gracious efforts!
Steve
Old July 27th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"CSVS" == Captain Steve Vijay Sout om writes:

CSVS Recently, I had the opportunity to fly north and discover
CSVS the tranquil beauty of a New England's fall season

It was recently fall in New England? What is this, the Twilight Zone?

--
In all the disputes, which have excited Christians against each other,
Rome has invariably decided in favor of that opinion which tended most