Airports that have oxygen

Old February 23rd 21, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Levy

Default Airports that have oxygen

Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills at Ely, Minden, and Inyokern. Do you know of places that can help out a visiting pilot?
Old February 23rd 21, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Doug Levy wrote on 2/23/2021 10:38 AM:
Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills at Ely, Minden, and Inyokern. Do you know of places that can help out a visiting pilot?

Put a HUGE cylinder in your Phoenix! I use a CFFC-048 carbon fiber wrapped, 48 cf at 2200 psi,
19.5" x 6.8", and 6.4lb. I mounted it in the baggage compartment on the bulkhead about 2.5'
behind the pilot. From Mountain High.

You might be able to fill at Parowan (they have cart), and I think I saw an oxygen cart at
Richfield, UT. Rifle, CO, might have it, or you may be able to get a fill from Schmulik
Dimenstein, the local glider pilot that maintains his own cylinders in a hangar there.

Old February 23rd 21, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Grubb

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 10:56:38 AM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Doug Levy wrote on 2/23/2021 10:38 AM:
Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills at Ely, Minden, and Inyokern. Do you know of places that can help out a visiting pilot?

Put a HUGE cylinder in your Phoenix! I use a CFFC-048 carbon fiber wrapped, 48 cf at 2200 psi,
19.5" x 6.8", and 6.4lb. I mounted it in the baggage compartment on the bulkhead about 2.5'
behind the pilot. From Mountain High.

You might be able to fill at Parowan (they have cart), and I think I saw an oxygen cart at
Richfield, UT. Rifle, CO, might have it, or you may be able to get a fill from Schmulik
Dimenstein, the local glider pilot that maintains his own cylinders in a hangar there.

Mountain Valley, Tehachapi, CA. $15.00/Fill
Old February 23rd 21, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected][_2_]

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 11:20:31 AM UTC-8, Mark Grubb wrote:
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 10:56:38 AM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Doug Levy wrote on 2/23/2021 10:38 AM:
Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills at Ely, Minden, and Inyokern. Do you know of places that can help out a visiting pilot?

Put a HUGE cylinder in your Phoenix! I use a CFFC-048 carbon fiber wrapped, 48 cf at 2200 psi,
19.5" x 6.8", and 6.4lb. I mounted it in the baggage compartment on the bulkhead about 2.5'
behind the pilot. From Mountain High.

You might be able to fill at Parowan (they have cart), and I think I saw an oxygen cart at
Richfield, UT. Rifle, CO, might have it, or you may be able to get a fill from Schmulik
Dimenstein, the local glider pilot that maintains his own cylinders in a hangar there.

Mountain Valley, Tehachapi, CA. $15.00/Fill\

if you are an AOPA member, you can try using the facility directory search function he https://www.aopa.org/destinations/

I typed in "Nevada, USA", checked the "public use" and "oxygen" boxes and when I hit search I got a map of Nevada showing airports listing oxygen services. I would call ahead to check.
Old February 24th 21, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Siskiyou County Airport, Craggy Aero.

Old February 24th 21, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 3:46:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

How about a simple search for medical O2? Might be easier and cheaper...could be a medical supply house or similar...
Old February 24th 21, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Ashton

I typed in "Nevada, USA", checked the "public use" and "oxygen" boxes and when I hit search I got a map of Nevada showing airports listing oxygen services. I would call ahead to check.

How about a simple search for medical O2? Might be easier and cheaper...could be a medical supply house or similar...

This is a vexing problem and we are working on a database of airports with confirmed oxygen service. Part of the problem too is that there is no one available at the FBO to fill if it’s a weekend and the people behind the counter really don’t know at most FBOs. Best to try an industrial gas supplier like Linde rather than medical. Most medical O2 houses require a prescription....

A two bottle cascade is a great option at the hangar too....

Scott

Old February 24th 21, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 10:56:38 AM UTC-8, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Doug Levy wrote on 2/23/2021 10:38 AM:
Last year while motor gliding the western states I had trouble finding airports that can fill my oxygen bottle. I did get fills at Ely, Minden, and Inyokern. Do you know of places that can help out a visiting pilot?

Put a HUGE cylinder in your Phoenix! I use a CFFC-048 carbon fiber wrapped, 48 cf at 2200 psi,
19.5" x 6.8", and 6.4lb. I mounted it in the baggage compartment on the bulkhead about 2.5'
behind the pilot. From Mountain High.

You might be able to fill at Parowan (they have cart), and I think I saw an oxygen cart at
Richfield, UT. Rifle, CO, might have it, or you may be able to get a fill from Schmulik
Dimenstein, the local glider pilot that maintains his own cylinders in a hangar there.

Parowan Aero Services FBO used to have a Oxygen recompressor to top up those high PSI composite bottles, and a water bath to keep the bottle cool while doing that.
Old February 24th 21, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

It has been my experience that Medical Oxygen requires a prescription.

Most Welding Gas supply businesses have ABO Aviators breathing Oxygen no prescription required and can fill a bottle.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Ka-6 Oxygen Peter von Tresckow Soaring 3 January 4th 12 04:42 AM
Oxygen Jim[_18_] Soaring 5 September 28th 11 11:59 PM
SZD-55 and oxygen David Pye[_2_] Soaring 1 February 27th 07 05:56 PM
Do you always have oxygen? Mxsmanic Piloting 32 November 18th 06 11:30 PM
hi alt oxygen Arquebus257WeaMag Military Aviation 62 March 28th 04 04:57 PM