restoring a DC9 restroom... at home

Old July 9th 05, 03:26 AM
Flyingmonk

A 15" medicine cabinet was designed to fit between standard 2x4 studs on 16"
centers. The blades dropped into the inter-wall space created by those

2x4s. A quick calculation for a medicine cabinet at 5' high, 15" wide,
3.5"
deep shows a space of some 3150 cubic inches. Assuming the blades
were
about 1" x 2" x 0.005, this gives a blade volume of.01 cubic inches.
You
could drop 315,000 blades into the slot before the space filled up. If
you
changed blades every other day, you had a little over 1700 years of
capacity.

That's assuming that they all fall flat and ended up end to end down at
the bottom of the space right?

Old July 9th 05, 03:44 AM
CJ Adams

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message

A quick calculation for a medicine cabinet at 5' high, 15" wide, 3.5"
deep shows a space of some 3150 cubic inches. Assuming the blades
were about 1" x 2" x 0.005, this gives a blade volume of.01 cubic inches.
You could drop 315,000 blades into the slot before the space filled up.
If
you changed blades every other day, you had a little over 1700 years of
capacity.

It's also just shy of 900 lbs. Which would give out first? Cubic capacity
or the structure of the wall?
Maybe its just as well that nobody's fixed for blades any more!

Cheers
CJ Adams
Arte et Marte

Old July 9th 05, 04:01 AM
Edgar

"Flyingmonk" wrote in message
ups.com...
A 15" medicine cabinet was designed to fit between standard 2x4 studs on

16"
centers. The blades dropped into the inter-wall space created by those

2x4s. A quick calculation for a medicine cabinet at 5' high, 15" wide,
3.5"
deep shows a space of some 3150 cubic inches. Assuming the blades
were
about 1" x 2" x 0.005, this gives a blade volume of.01 cubic inches.
You
could drop 315,000 blades into the slot before the space filled up. If
you
changed blades every other day, you had a little over 1700 years of
capacity.

That's assuming that they all fall flat and ended up end to end down at
the bottom of the space right?

Or left (depending on your viewpoint).
But, the perfect razor alignment is due to the earth shake.

Old July 10th 05, 07:28 AM

A quick calculation

you're hired. Now, second problem that's giving me nightmares....
How many "Sanitary Napkins" am I required to have in there?

Old July 10th 05, 06:49 PM
LCT Paintball

you're hired. Now, second problem that's giving me nightmares....
How many "Sanitary Napkins" am I required to have in there?

How many do you use?

Old July 10th 05, 07:20 PM
Edgar

"LCT Paintball" wrote in message
you're hired. Now, second problem that's giving me nightmares....
How many "Sanitary Napkins" am I required to have in there?

How many do you use?

At least one (for that spot over the door where I keep smashing my head).
:-)

^^