I give up, after many, many years!

Old June 2nd 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:NBL0k.3341$t07.2092
@newsfe22.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
news

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in

terry wrote:

LABotomy...

Nice pick up Cloudy. I cant take any credit for that one, my
spelling is terrable
Terry

in your case, Terryble.

Go to your room.

Bertie

You wish.,

Dumb ass.

I know you are but what am I?

Bertie
Old June 2nd 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:4RK0k.3154$t07.60
@newsfe22.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:Fym%j.56$kR5.31
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Matters not. it's all about keeping th ek00k on the boil, k00kie

boi....

Bertie

Lame and incorrect, D-.

Nope. Your smileys stink. BTW.

Don't quit your day job.

I haven't.

Fjukkkkkktard!

Bertie
Old June 3rd 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Some Other Guy writes:

Please don't use foul language in this newsgroup.

Ah ... one of her casualties? They are legion.
Old June 3rd 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ken S. Tucker writes:

But you'd still need to steer, right?

You can do that with control surfaces.
Old June 3rd 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 11 May 2008 19:21:00 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Shirl wrote in news:Xmnushal8y-
:

Jay Somerset wrote:
I give up -- not flying -- but subscribing to this NG. It is just

too
riddled with crap and backbiting, to the point that it carries little
if any useful exchange of interest to active pilots. It isn't worth
the effort any more, even with multiple kill files.

I rarely both with kill files, I just skip over the stiff er...stuff I
don't find interesting.

I agree with your sentiments. I haven't posted often and am, in the

big
picture, a relatively "new" pilot (licensed in 2003). I have been
appreciative over the years -- the group has offered some
thought-provoking topics that resulted in RL discussions, exchange of
opinions/experiences, and ultimately some very useful knowledge.

I've been here for many a year, off and on. The *stuff* cycles like
the market. It has it's up and downs and like e-mail spam the volume
also varies.

It had been easy to spot and ignore the "crap and backbiting". On my
newsreader, I see the number of posts first, and I always think,
"great...lots of new, interesting material" ... until the actual

*list*

Generally I just look at the topic. I don't mind when they drift OT
as long as it's interesting. Moderated groups that are held strictly
OT are just plain boring most of the time.

of topics comes up, and of late it's easy to see that 95% are a couple

I don't see the % as quite that bad, but there's a lot I just ignore.
Typically I ignore threads that specifically have a title like this
one, but I noticed a few names I recognize and thought I'd read a few.
I'll still skip most of them.

of people exchanging insults ad nauseam. A few who actually have some

Around here I hear more of that going on in township meetings where
special interest groups who are quite vocal even manage to get the
occasional recall going which costs us all money and keeps us from
getting any thing useful done.

I'm not flying at present, but it's not due to choice or the price of
gas. It's sometimes frustrating to see/read people bickering about
rather unimportant things. It's even more frustrating not flying, but
I've managed to keep my sense of humor even when having to learn how
to walk again. Now I'm up to lifting weights while standing on a Bosu
ball and doing knee bends. Jumping rope has even made it to where I'm
not flat footing (which hurts) although I still need to work on the
coordination on my left leg. I remember how to run, jump, and jump
rope, but my leg doesn't.

useful info won't quit unless they have the last word, so there are 50
exchanges of one-line name-calling insults. After the first one,

what's
the point?

I just move on to the next thread. Most of the time I don't see it as
any biggie. Although It does bother me on the student group where they
need information while remembering regardless of what they are told on
the NG they should always check it our with their instructor.

We all enjoy different things and aspects of flying.

For those who can help or have the patience, hang in there. For those
who don't I too would suggest leaving as otherwise it'll just be an
exercise in frustration. Otherwise learn to ignore what you don't like
and try to correct misinformation or mistakes for the benefit of
others.

Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old June 3rd 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 11 May 2008 16:16:42 -0700, Shirl
wrote:

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
I don't take seriously any posters who use handles instead
of their real names.

That's a little extreme, IMO ... I don't think a person should have to
use their real name to be taken seriously. Some people aren't
comfortable using their real names, and in many instances, with just
cause. I think it's more important how people conduct themselves than
whether or not they use their real names ... but ... to each, his own.

Whether we choose to consciously or not, it'd be a very rare person to
give the same weight to a post by someone behind a handle instead of a
name. Now if that person has been posting using that handle long
enough to establish an reputation they have become a known quantity.
OTOH Whether we want to or not it's difficult to add much credulence
to the first few posts form some one using a handle and particularly
so if they tend to be either extreme, or combative.

"Long ago" and I mean at least 5 or 6 years, I heard this group
described as a bunch of bitter old men, or pilots with little
tolerance.

I make no claim to always being right and I've received a few crackpot
e-mails and threats over the years using my real name, but I just
throw them in the round file.

Old June 3rd 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:15:25 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote:

The bottom line as far as I can determine is that one pilot will be a
saint, the next will be an asshole. Where it gets complicated is the
fact that on the same day, the saint can become the asshole and the
asshole the saint.
:-)

AMEN!

Of course we all hoave our limits. :-))
Old June 3rd 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:49:24 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote:

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

True or False:

* Britney Spears is famous.

Who?
* Water is wet.

No comment.
* Computerized-control is better at stabilizing aircraft than manual,

Computer control is better in some aircraft. It takes far more effort
to program multiple computers to regain control in most aircraft than
it would take for the pilot to learn how to do so. However some
aircraft require computer control to even maintain control.
human-control.
* Some pilots in rec.aviation.piloting make personal attacks.

Certainly but this is true in virtually most news groups and in real
life as well.

Any of these statements can be said to be true or false, depending on
the personal, subjective whims of the assessor.

Or at a specific time and place.

What is important, IMO, is that the assessor asks himself on a case-by-
case basis whether he is being consistently objective or momentarily
subjective as a matter of rhetorical convenience.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

All can be said to be true at any given moment in time.
The bottom line on Usenet as I see it anyway, is in how the individual
sees his/her own interaction with the venue.
When it's all said and done, it will be only this interpretation that
defines the Usenet experience for a specific user.
I agree that it's confusing, and difficult to define; hence this
exchange as an example.
The main thing is that individuals be allowed to express opinion without
attack, but as I'm sure each of us is aware, difficult to achieve on a
consistent basis.
Anyone posting to Usenet for any length of time will eventually be
attacked and most likely assume an online posture more aggressive than
that experienced in everyday life.
The exact placing of the blame for this phenomenon remains for me
anyway, extremely difficult to define clearly and to an exact answer.

Lice a control system each of us provides either positive, neutral, or
negative feedback. In the control sense positive feedback causes
things to get farther out of control while negative feedback can
cancel out the original. However either in the wrong amount at the
wrong time can make things worse.

Old June 4th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Some Other Guy

From: Some Other Guy

Mxsmanic wrote:
Carly Fiorina

Please don't use foul language in this newsgroup.

Hey, she made me quite a bit of money.
One rule I use for trading stocks, with a few exceptions, is to short
a stock when a woman takes over the helm, and then go long when
she's replaced by a man.
I did that with HP.
You can do the math.

Well that's one way to look at it.

I just don't like that my favourite hardware company was destroyed.
Oscilloscopes, signal generators, calculators; you name it, it was
all legendary.

The newest piece of HP hardware I have is an HP4000TN laser printer,
from 1998 and still going strong. Carly took over in 1999...

Old June 4th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Ken S. Tucker writes:

But you'd still need to steer, right?

You can do that with control surfaces.

Giant minds here.

Bertie

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 04:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 09:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 03:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 04:50 PM