Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 12th 05, 11:10 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , kontiki wrote:
Exactly! All that going on in Washington while our borders remain Wide-ass
open for millions of illegals to come streaming in every week. The activity in
Washington is tantamount to locking the barn after the horses have escaped.

Millions?

OK, let's look at the numbers. Having lived in south Texas, I know most
of the illegal immigrants are Mexicans.

The population of Mexico is 106M.

Since you specify millions (plural), that means at least two million per
week. If that were the case, Mexico would have long ago been empty; at a
rate of 2M per week, it would only take 53 weeks for Mexico to be
totally empty.

I think you are exaggerating by at least three orders of magnitude.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old May 12th 05, 12:56 PM
kontiki

Dylan Smith wrote:

I think you are exaggerating by at least three orders of magnitude.

Possibly... but who really knows since no one is counting or even attempting
to keep track of who is here illegally. And you were just talking about the
southern border, what about the other one(s)?

I guess people think it is more important/better/cheaper to have armies, navies
and Air Forces stationed all over the world, some guarding borders (Korea)
and some fighting wars (Iraq) than attempting to secure our own country.

Old May 12th 05, 01:03 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , kontiki wrote:
Possibly... but who really knows since no one is counting or even attempting
to keep track of who is here illegally. And you were just talking about the
southern border, what about the other one(s)?

Canada would empty out even quicker having a population of around ~30M.
I think the Canadians might have also noticed the torrent of illegals
entering their country first.

Old May 11th 05, 10:34 PM
Sully

On Wed, 11 May 2005 20:03:57 +0100, "S."
wrote:

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
roups.com...
True to the rugged pioneer spirit of our great country, DC cowered for
cover again as a Cessna violated the no-fly zone. Fighter jets were
scrambled to deal with this imminent threat to the security of our
nation.

Hi Folks,

As always, intelligent (sometimes pithy !) observation from members of the
aviation community in the above postings ; I agree with all of it.

Newsreel footage of EVERYONE in D.C. scattering in all directions has just
been shown on Channel 4 news (U.K.) ; it looked like a badly made disaster
movie. A police officer shouted "GET OUT, NOW !" to the floor of the House.
Unseemly and totally lacking in composure or dignity.

If this is what an off-track Cessna can do the the worlds most
technologically powerful and sophisticated nation, I have to ask "Have the
terrorists already won ?".

I would have to say that the answer to this question is a resounding
YES! Between people living in fear in that area of a possible attack
(mostly because of our wonderful news media), and all the restrictions
that are placed on wrong people or wrong areas they have at least
scored a huge victory in the battle if not the war. The ironic part
is that while we are imposing all these rules on people who are here
legally we still have people who want give "illegal aliens" driver's
licenses and jobs!( I know another topic all together)

I hope to go to San Diego, and work my way up to CPL in August, achieving
the last of my life's ambitions at 48.It would be tragic if the authorities
were to restrict the people who could take the controls of an aircraft, by
way of "security measures".

Idiots like this one today may curtail that, if they don't take the ease of
access to flying, just a little bit less for granted.

Something to remember though through all of this is that it was a
"STUDENT" and instructor. The instructor maybe should have been
paying a little more attention and take much better action and paid a
little more attention but I know that there were many times my
instructor sat silently waiting to see how long it would take for me
to correct my mistakes. Of course I myself would have went out of my
way to aviod the hassle of that area completely but the instructor may
have wanted the student to get a lesson on dealing with the ADIZ since
he would be flying in that area..to the instructor's credit the
student just got a lesson that he will never forget if he gets to fly
again!!

Old May 12th 05, 01:02 AM
Dave Stadt

wrote:

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
[...]

I'd like to see how the instructor logs this flight in the student's log
book.

Old May 12th 05, 04:45 AM
Mike W.

2.6 hrs, intercept procedures (actual)

--
Hello, my name is Mike, and I am an airplane addict....

snip, for god's sake

Old May 12th 05, 03:26 AM
George Patterson

Sully wrote:

Something to remember though through all of this is that it was a
"STUDENT" and instructor.

Where did you hear it was an instructor? The AOPA blurb doesn't say that, and
the landings database doesn't show a CFI certificate for Jim Schaeffer.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.
Old May 12th 05, 04:03 AM
Sully

On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:26:13 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Sully wrote:

Something to remember though through all of this is that it was a
"STUDENT" and instructor.

Where did you hear it was an instructor? The AOPA blurb doesn't say that, and
the landings database doesn't show a CFI certificate for Jim Schaeffer.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.

After checking CNN again you are right it did say Pilot and Student.
Not real sure where I heard instructor, think it was local radio
though but we know how the news media verifies facts before
publishing.
Old May 12th 05, 01:17 PM
Jim

The errant pilots were enroute to an airshow in NC. At least they
didn't miss the excellent demonstration of the Blackhawk and F16s!

Old May 13th 05, 03:56 AM
StellaStarr

wrote:

Sully wrote:

Something to remember though through all of this is that it was a
"STUDENT" and instructor.

Where did you hear it was an instructor? The AOPA blurb doesn't say that, and
the landings database doesn't show a CFI certificate for Jim Schaeffer.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.

After checking CNN again you are right it did say Pilot and Student.
Not real sure where I heard instructor, think it was local radio
though but we know how the news media verifies facts before
publishing.

I just love it when people who make silly mistakes blame the media for
being almost as wrong as they are. The media, after all, have an
obligation to be far more perfect than humans.