B-58 Hustler site

Old November 3rd 03, 06:07 PM
Darrell

Default B-58 Hustler site

I haven't posted this for a while. If you're interested in the B-58
Hustler, take a look at my home page.
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

The "More B-58 Pictures Annex" link contains pictures and text taken from my
PowerPoint presentation on the Hustler.

There are also numerous links to other aviation sites, many of which also
show the B-58.

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

Old November 4th 03, 01:33 PM
BobMac

Darrell wrote:

I haven't posted this for a while. If you're interested in the B-58
Hustler, take a look at my home page.
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Very cool! Thanks.

rm

Old November 4th 03, 07:28 PM
Randy Wentzel

Darrell,

When did you last fly the B-58? Did you personally fly along side the B-70
Valkyrie? http://members.cox.net/dumwid/46.jpg

It's impossible for me to imagine what flying the Hustler would have been
like, let alone having to stop flying it at some point and moving on to
something a_lot_slower.

Thanks again,

Randy

Old November 5th 03, 09:28 PM
Darrell

My last Hustler flight must have been around December of 1970. We flew them
out to Davis-Monthan in Tucson, AZ to be destroyed as part of the SALT
Treaty. And.. no, I never got to fly formation with the B-70. I would
have love to do that.

Yeah, I then flew something SLOWER. Try the C-7A Caribou. From coming down
final approach at 220 in the Hustler, we flew final at about 70 in the Bou.

Old November 5th 03, 09:45 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Darrell" said:
My last Hustler flight must have been around December of 1970. We flew them
out to Davis-Monthan in Tucson, AZ to be destroyed as part of the SALT
Treaty. And.. no, I never got to fly formation with the B-70. I would
have love to do that.

Did you know Hank Deutschendorf? I understand he was one of the test
pilots on the B-58, and he was John Denver's father.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
SCSI is *NOT* magic. There are *fundamental technical reasons* why it is
Old November 6th 03, 06:11 PM
Darrell

No. Henry was gone by the time I got into the program. I flew the B-52H
until the mid 60's when I then entered the B-58 program.