Question about Lightspeed 3G?

Old October 8th 04, 05:46 PM
Andrew Gideon

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Andrew,

In my current
battery box, the button doesn't operate in this fashion.

Oh, ok, I thought we were talking about the 3G box. Sounds like you
have the current 20XL box. I don't like that switch much, either.

Really? Even though the box has a plug for the Cellular Phone?

That's somewhat annoying, in that it sounds like a downgrade from the 25XL
that I'd sent in for "upgrading".

- Andrew

Old October 8th 04, 05:50 PM
Andrew Gideon

Andrew Gideon wrote:

Excellent. I'll try turning that feature off.

I mean: I'll try disabling "mute" to see if this helps.

- Andrew

Old October 8th 04, 08:30 PM
Thomas Borchert

Andrew,

Really? Even though the box has a plug for the Cellular Phone?

Not sure if I understand. Yes, the 20XLc has an input for music and
cellphone. I don't know if it is the same box as on the 25, but it has
a translucent switch that blinks and doesn't have different on/off
positions.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 8th 04, 09:21 PM

Screw the little L's and R's, If it fits backwords then use it.

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Peter,

LOL! Tom, I have the headsets in my hand right now and the boom
*certainly* does rotate, as designed, around.

Ok, so look at the headset again. Now, what do you think those little
inscriptions on the earcups saying "left" and "right" are supposed to
mean? Then, tell me how you'll make the left cup sit on your left ear,
the right cup on your right ear, and the boom coming from the right.
See? Told you so.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 8th 04, 09:53 PM
Andrew Gideon

Thomas Borchert wrote:

Andrew,

Really? Even though the box has a plug for the Cellular Phone?

Not sure if I understand. Yes, the 20XLc has an input for music and
cellphone. I don't know if it is the same box as on the 25, but it has
a translucent switch that blinks and doesn't have different on/off
positions.

I had a 25XL. I'd a choice whether to trade it in for a 3G or merely
"upgrade" it to have the cell-phone feature. I chose the latter route.

It sounds like the "upgrade" involved replacing the 25XL battery box with
that from the 20XLc (based upon what you've written). I like the
cell-phone feature (although I've had problems with it the one time I tried
it, I expect I can "fix" this by turning the "auto mute" function off), so
I came out ahead. But excluding the new feature, I prefer the original
battery box.

- Andrew

Old October 8th 04, 09:54 PM
Andrew Gideon

" gdbutler at bellsouth.net wrote:

Screw the little L's and R's, If it fits backwords then use it.

If they didn't mean for it to be reversable, they'd have called them "port"
and "starboard".

- Andrew

Old October 9th 04, 04:22 AM
Jay Honeck

Based on my experience, though, if one values his/her time by the
dollar, a LightSpeed owner can quickly arrive at the difference in cost
due to headset downtime and time spent talking to LS customer service.

This was undoubtedly true with the older, "pre-3G" Lightspeed headsets. I
sent my 15s and 20XLs back more times than I care to remember...

Since the Twenty 3G models, however, they seem to have solved their quality
control issues. Our three pair have been absolutely bulletproof.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 9th 04, 06:45 PM
G.R. Patterson III

kage wrote:

I believe you are wrong. The Bose headset I tried had symmetrical earcups.

I have a Bose Series I and a Bose X. Both have designated left and right earcups. It
would be very difficult to wear either set backwards.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.