Cost of parachute repack ....

Old March 29th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Cost of parachute repack ....

Here in Northern UT the master rigger many of us used to perform
parachute repacks passed away. Two other people have been identified,
both take a week or so to perform the job with one charging $60 and
the other charges $75.

I do not mind paying for good service, and with this only needed to be
done twice a year with the total costs equal to about 3 tows, these
costs are twice the price I am use to.

I am curious what other folks pay around the country.

Thanks in advance

Ron Gleason
Old March 29th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Mar 29, 11:00*am, Ron Gleason wrote:
Here in Northern UT the master rigger many of us used to perform
parachute repacks passed away. *Two other people have been identified,
both take a week or so to perform the job with one charging $60 and
the other charges $75.

I do not mind paying for good service, and with this only needed to be
done twice a year with the total costs equal to about 3 tows, *these
costs are twice the price I am use to.

I am curious what other folks pay around the country.

Thanks in advance

Ron Gleason

Phoenix, AZ, USA. $60.

It seems the price went up a lot when the packing interval increased.
Got to keep riggers in beer money!

Andy
Old March 29th 11, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

I'm in the Toronto, ON area.
I use a master rigger nearby who charged $60 last year, although a
pilot at my club says it's going to be $70 this year. Many of my
club's members use him, as well as many sport jumpers, so it's
sometimes a bit of a wait to get the repack.
The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton, ON (60 miles from
Toronto) has a rigger that charged $70 last year, although that
included admission to the museum that day.
Old March 29th 11, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

We have a master rigger who is charging us $50
to repack our parachutes. It is normally done in
two days.

Randy

Tulsa, OK

http://talihinasoaring.com/
Old March 30th 11, 12:44 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy[_2_] View Post
We have a master rigger who is charging us $50
to repack our parachutes. It is normally done in
two days.

Randy

Tulsa, OK

http://talihinasoaring.com/
I think I paid $65 at Strong Parachutes in Orlando. A reasonable fee for life insurance if you ask me.

Walt
Old March 30th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

JJ - the master rigger Ron is referring to who sadly passed away
charged us $35 for the repacks last year. That is why we are so
shocked at the "real world" pricing. He was not just a really nice
guy but it now looks like he was the least expensive repacker on the
block by a large margin.

Bruno - B4
Old March 30th 11, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

On Mar 29, 7:52*pm, Bruno wrote:
JJ - the master rigger Ron is referring to who sadly passed away
charged us $35 for the repacks last year. *That is why we are so
shocked at the "real world" pricing. *He was not just a really nice
guy but it now looks like he was the least expensive repacker on the
block by a large margin.

Bruno - B4

Forget Repacking prices, I'm more interested in $20-25 Tows!!

Old March 29th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

$50 in the St Louis area, last time I had mine done there (2 years
ago).

Kirk
66
Old March 29th 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Mar 29, 3:08*pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
$50 in the St Louis area, last time I had mine done there (2 years
ago).

Kirk
66

$70 in the Las Vegas NV area for repeat customers, ($10 discount).
Up from $60 a few years ago, but it stayed steady after the interval
increase.
Our repacks are less than 5% of the diggers annaul business. He gets
them done within a week.