Heavy hand again?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 14th 13, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default Heavy hand again?

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:18:18 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...dger-mountain/

Hmm, something might have been said that was perceived as a bit derogatory? and it doesn't take much sometimes. Last year in the summer I made a landing (C180) on a full moon in the desert on a paved but unmaintained road in San Bernadino County Ca. To pick up my son who was loading one of our trucks at a mine. I made my final over the BNSF tracks and there were 2 locomotives moving east to west and I passed right over them.

I taxied up within 100' of the tracks turned around and shut down got out waved at the men in the locos and made cell contact with my son who was passing on old 66 a couple miles away. He proceed into the mine to loading it was 11:00 pm I pulled a chair out and set up camp on the horizontal stab sat down with the iPad some water and was relaxing to some music minding my own business.

The plan was he would load a load that would go up to Henderson Nv on Monday morn, it was Friday night, he would park the truck by the tracks and walk across them to the plane, I take him home, I would fly him back out there early Monday and he would go, he would be home for the weekend and not backtrack the truck costing an extra 400 miles and I would get to fly and my company pays for it. I've landed on this road several times.

About 12:30am headlights come speeding down the road and a San Berdo Sheriff shows up. He pulls within I'd say 30' of the plane and sits there for a while, I went to him He asked if I was ok I replied I was, He asked what I was doing, I told him just what I stated above. No bull **** no indignation no disrespect.

He asked for my D/L I gave it to him he ran it thru dispatch Asked me if I had any weapons and a few other questions, I gave him one of my biz cards also. Pretty soon dispatch returned and said the plane is registered to the same guy who is on the D/L. We chit chatted a bit he bought my story told me to be careful and left.

No bull **** no indignation no disrespect. I guess I was lucky or is it that I cooperated?

Hand Propping_Adult - Fw_ Hand Propping.eml Ducky[_3_] Aviation Photos 2 June 6th 08 02:27 AM
A tad heavy? Dan Luke Piloting 11 May 24th 07 12:39 AM
Sewing Needle Suitable for Hand-Stitching Heavy Stuff Like Canvas and Carpet ThJester99 Home Built 4 August 6th 03 07:26 PM
Sewing Needle Suitable for Hand-Stitching Heavy Stuff Like Canvas and Carpet Larry Smith Home Built 0 August 4th 03 01:31 PM
Sewing Needle Suitable for Hand-Stitching Heavy Stuff Like Canvasand Carpet Shelly Home Built 0 August 2nd 03 05:42 PM