Aviation Truths

Old May 13th 04, 04:09 AM
Dave Russell

Default Aviation Truths

1. Fresh bugs will come off, but old bugs are a part of your paint
scheme forever.

2. If you fly the airplane the same way you operate an elevator, then
you are an airplane driver and not a pilot.

3. The Wright brothers flew with a stick, not a steering wheel.
(*Please* don't tell me about the hip cradle and wing warping… I know
all about it and I don't care. :-)

4. Mid-wing is better than high- or low-, and two wings are best of
all.

5. Bernoulli and Newton think that you are silly for arguing about it.

6. Never pass up a target of opportunity.

7. I can have no respect for a pilot who only knows one way to enter
the pattern (with respects to Samuel Langhorne Clemens).

8. Your first solo landing makes the biggest mark on you… until your
first formation landing comes along.

9. In the daytime VFR world, white-over-white might still be too low.

10. Take the turf runway every time.

11. A three-turn spin is worth more than umpteen-gazillion stall
avoidance lessons.

12. If your airplane could talk, would it have to apologize for the
way you fly it?

13. If airplanes could choose, there would be no nose-draggers. (OK,
so this one's unfair... shoot me.)

-Dave Russell
8KCAB
Old May 13th 04, 06:16 AM
C J Campbell

I would call that a list of airplane old wives' tales.

Old May 13th 04, 02:21 PM
Teacherjh

I would call that a list of airplane old wives' tales.

You married? Every wive's tale is truth.

Jose

Old May 13th 04, 06:11 PM
Henry and Debbie McFarland

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
I would call that a list of airplane old wives' tales.

They are true in my flying world ;-).

Deb

--
1946 Luscombe 8A (His)