do you really build flying things...

Old February 23rd 04, 10:14 PM
Mike Henley

Default do you really build flying things...

i found this while searching for uk.comp.homebuilt... do you guys
really build flying things... i mean, seriously, can you ride in
something you built and trust its safety, or do you just build toy
remote controlled stuff...
Old February 24th 04, 12:53 AM
acepilot

We build 'em AND fly in 'em!!

Scott
Homemade Corben Junior Ace

Old February 24th 04, 01:12 AM
Del Rawlins

In Mike Henley wrote:
i found this while searching for uk.comp.homebuilt... do you guys
really build flying things...

Of course, doesn't everybody?

i mean, seriously, can you ride in
something you built and trust its safety,

That is a question that you have to answer for yourself.

or do you just build toy
remote controlled stuff...

That too.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old February 24th 04, 01:37 AM
Rich S.

"Mike Henley" wrote in message
om...
i found this while searching for uk.comp.homebuilt... do you guys
really build flying things... i mean, seriously, can you ride in
something you built and trust its safety, or do you just build toy
remote controlled stuff...

Troll, troll, troll, yur boat;
Gently down the stream

Old February 24th 04, 02:19 AM
RU ok

"Rich S." wrote:

"Mike Henley" opined:

i found this while searching for uk.comp.homebuilt... do you guys
really build flying things... i mean, seriously, can you ride in
something you built and trust its safety, or do you just build toy
remote controlled stuff...

Troll, troll, troll, yur boat;
Gently down the stream

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And a rank amatuer at that.
Where have all the 'pros' gone?

Barnyard BOb -
Old February 24th 04, 03:12 AM
Ernest Christley

Rich S. wrote:
"Mike Henley" wrote in message
om...

i found this while searching for uk.comp.homebuilt... do you guys
really build flying things... i mean, seriously, can you ride in
something you built and trust its safety, or do you just build toy
remote controlled stuff...

Troll, troll, troll, yur boat;
Gently down the stream

I wouldn't be so sure. It wasn't such a long time ago that I had the
same astonishment at the idea. Remember, our public education system
and popular culture in general is now designed to weed out and destroy
anything resembling initiative or self dependance. If it ain't store
bought, it's redneck. 12 years of such meticulous brainwashing is VERY
hard to overcome.

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,
Old February 24th 04, 12:51 PM
Cam

Good on Ya Ernest, that was exactly what I was going to say!
It wasn't long ago, after being brainwashed like you say, that I thought
f**k it, I'm going to build a helicopter!
And it's been the best learning experience so far.
One day, I'm going to be flying a homebuilt machine, and the whole journey
is consuming and exciting.

I hope he's not a troll, 'cause he can learn alot from this group.

Cam.

Old February 24th 04, 03:19 PM
Mike Henley

Ernest Christley wrote in message .com...

I wouldn't be so sure. It wasn't such a long time ago that I had the
same astonishment at the idea. Remember, our public education system
and popular culture in general is now designed to weed out and destroy
anything resembling initiative or self dependance. If it ain't store
bought, it's redneck. 12 years of such meticulous brainwashing is VERY
hard to overcome.

i'm not trolling, just curious... jumping off a balcony sounds
dangerous enough to me, let alone flying a homebuilt flying machine...

do you have to have some pro experience or can anyone build such a
thingie...
Old February 24th 04, 05:19 PM
Corky Scott

On 23 Feb 2004 14:14:53 -0800, (Mike Henley) wrote:

i found this while searching for uk.comp.homebuilt... do you guys
really build flying things... i mean, seriously, can you ride in
something you built and trust its safety, or do you just build toy
remote controlled stuff...

Check out :
http://www.eaa.org/ Mike. It's a site devoted to the EAA
organization that oversee's the world of homebuilding. And
incidently, runs the worlds biggest airshow every year. That's bigger
than any commercial airshow in the world, and it started with guys
building homebuilt airplanes.

Corky Scott