Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old April 22nd 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Well, I sure hope you're sending your children to the war so I can keep
filling my airplane with cheap gas. Honestly speaking, I have no
problem with this deal at all.

Old April 22nd 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

we need to account about 1/3 to 1/2 of our military budget and
consider that a fuel tax

For Europe too. If the U.S. did not subsidize the national defense of
Europe they'd have to pay for it themselves. Imagine the German's
having to take over all those bases in Germany.

-Robert

Old April 22nd 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

hmm, there was no war for oil. it was for rescuing all those people from
terror and saving them from the terrorists. and getting rid of Hussein.

Obviously. If the war was for oil, don't you think we'd have taken some
by now?

-Robert

Old April 22nd 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 20-Apr-2006, "Doug" wrote:

There is no limit really. Name something else you can put in a tank and
burn that is less expensive. Alchohol? Biodiesel? Electric? Right now,
all of those are more. There is a pretty good chance it will go back
down, SOME. But I doubt we will ever see it under $2 again.

I doubt it, too. BUT, there are practical limits to prices for crude oil
and the distillates derived from it. One is the cost of producing
alternative sources of energy. If, instead of wasting hundreds of billions
of dollars in Iraq, we spent those sums on alternative energy R&D I am
convinced the US would gain energy independence within a decade.

The unique needs of aviation will continue to require high grade liquid
fuels (i.e. gasoline or kerosene). But many other applications, including
ground transportation, could be met with such alternatives as hydrogen fuel
or ethanol. That would dramatically reduce demand for oil and bring
gasoline and kerosene prices down. Of course, such a situation will also go
a long ways toward averting a global warming catastrophe.

-Elliott Drucker
Old April 22nd 06, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

They told us the war was for weapons of mass distruction. Then they
said, Saddam (or implied it). Not sure what the reason is now.
Momentum? Can't pull out because we would look bad. Fighting the bad
guys. Something like that.

Old April 22nd 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:19:14 GMT, Don Tuite wrote:

Call me a raging conspiricist, but I thought Afghanistan and Iraq were
object lessons for the ruling classes in neighboring states to show
them how easily we could transform stable despotism into rampaging
anarchy if they ticked us off.

ah. that's why the Emirates have payed the US their losses for Iraq Part I
.... I see. don't take yourself too important.

#m
--
"We're out of toilet paper sir!"
http://www.webcrunchers.com/crunch/Play/history/stories/toilet.html
Old April 22nd 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 21 Apr 2006 22:48:08 -0700, Doug wrote:

They told us the war was for weapons of mass distruction. Then they
said, Saddam (or implied it). Not sure what the reason is now.
Momentum? Can't pull out because we would look bad. Fighting the bad
guys. Something like that.

lokk at history: what has almost every leader done when there where
problems within the country? he started a war.

#m
Old April 22nd 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:34:09 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

Do you honestly believe we need the size of the military we have right
now if we don't have a need for an oversea energy supply?

Pretty much.

what for? serious. what for?

nobody on this single planet is stupid enough to spend that much money for
.... aaahhh ... what for? for destroying this single planet? glad we have
you, you'll take care of _everything_.

#m
Old April 22nd 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 21 Apr 2006 21:52:28 -0700, Robert M. Gary wrote:

For Europe too. If the U.S. did not subsidize the national defense of
Europe they'd have to pay for it themselves.

I doubt that we here would raise much more money than we do right now for
national defense.

Imagine the German's
having to take over all those bases in Germany.

you mean cleaning up the environmental mess?
or taking over the bases where you spy on your allies (!!)?
or closing the airports where you train the low flights close to populated
areas?
or bringing away the nukes you have here (without permission AFAIK)?

-Robert

#m
Old April 22nd 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
Martin Hotze wrote:

lokk at history: what has almost every leader done when there where
problems within the country? he started a war.

Yes, let's look at history and try to learn from it.
What's the best place to fight a war?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 10:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM