Ground Launch Training - Winch and Auto

Old February 25th 20, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default Ground Launch Training - Winch and Auto

At Eagle Field in central Pa we offer five winch launch classes per year.

See karlstriedieck.com

A side benefit is the exposure to the challenging approach and landing conditions which pilots won't find at the home drome.

A few slots ( ) are open for the June (1), July (2), August (1) and September (2) classes.

Old February 26th 20, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Hello Uli please keep us posted as when the next winch clinic will be, some of our club members participated to one of those a couple of years ago and it became one of the most recurring hangar talk so much we enjoyed it! Now we have several new members that would jump to that opportunity.

Stay tuned! We are planning on one, possibly tow winch clinics this year. Will announce it here.

Uli
'AS'
Old February 26th 20, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Bralla

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 7:17:21 PM UTC-8, Jim S wrote:
It appears that Cross Country Soaring in MN performs winch launches and maybe training? Anybody else have any suggestions for glider clubs performing / offering training in ground launch?

AGCSC does several a year at Jacumba ~45 minutes east of San diego. Fly international on the local ridge. They have had ads in Soaring.
Old February 26th 20, 04:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Piet Barber

There is a commercial winch operation at petersburg wv. Eastern soaring center. 5000 foot runway.
Old February 26th 20, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 7:55:15 PM UTC-8, Piet Barber wrote:
There is a commercial winch operation at petersburg wv. Eastern soaring center. 5000 foot runway.

And since it's still Winter...
https://higlideracademy.com/
On Oahu operates a Roman winch and among the fleet has a 2018 ASK21.
Personally soared there off a "simulated winch failure" check flight.
Heaps o fun!
Jim
Old February 28th 20, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce C

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 11:23:25 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 10:17:21 PM UTC-5, Jim S wrote:
It appears that Cross Country Soaring in MN performs winch launches and maybe training? Anybody else have any suggestions for glider clubs performing / offering training in ground launch?

The Carolina Soaring Association in Spartanburg, SC offers a winch clinic at least once a year.

Uli
'AS'

Uli

I attended a meeting of the CSA last summer at which I indicated an interest to attend a winch clinic with 5 other members of our club. My request was not met with much enthusiasm at the time. I tried to leave contact information without much success. We are still interested.

Bruce
Old February 28th 20, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 8:45:44 AM UTC-5, Bruce C wrote:
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 11:23:25 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 10:17:21 PM UTC-5, Jim S wrote:
It appears that Cross Country Soaring in MN performs winch launches and maybe training? Anybody else have any suggestions for glider clubs performing / offering training in ground launch?

The Carolina Soaring Association in Spartanburg, SC offers a winch clinic at least once a year.

Uli
'AS'

Uli

I attended a meeting of the CSA last summer at which I indicated an interest to attend a winch clinic with 5 other members of our club. My request was not met with much enthusiasm at the time. I tried to leave contact information without much success. We are still interested.

Bruce

Bruce - please contact me at info at CarolinaSoaring Department of Transportation Com