RIAT 2009

Old July 30th 10, 10:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default RIAT 2009

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	339-11 copy.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	44133
Old July 30th 10, 01:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

"Glenn" wrote in message

The best team of Europe ?

Only bettered by the Blue Angels ?

Old July 30th 10, 04:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell[_2_]

In message Xqz4o.17$I%.13@hurricane, RustY ©
writes

"Glenn" wrote in message
.. .

The best team of Europe ?

Only because the UK isn't part of Europe, which is a continent off the
east coast of Great Britain. "Fog in Channel, Continent Isolated", and
all that kind of stuff. :-)

Only bettered by the Blue Angels ?

No. Possibly bettered by the Red Arrows. I haven't seen the Blue Angels,
so can't comment on them, except to say that AFAIK they have a different
sort of display from the Reds.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Old July 30th 10, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aaviso

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
In message Xqz4o.17$I%.13@hurricane, RustY © writes

"Glenn" wrote in message
. ..

The best team of Europe ?

Only because the UK isn't part of Europe, which is a continent off the
east coast of Great Britain. "Fog in Channel, Continent Isolated", and all
that kind of stuff. :-)

Only bettered by the Blue Angels ?

No. Possibly bettered by the Red Arrows. I haven't seen the Blue Angels,
so can't comment on them, except to say that AFAIK they have a different
sort of display from the Reds.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

I vote for the Canadian Snowbirds.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

Old July 31st 10, 05:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Default Alpha Jets - RIAT 2009

Bonjour,

RustY © a écrit dans news:Xqz4o.17$I%.13@hurricane :
"Glenn" wrote in message

The best team of Europe ?

Of 'transalpine' Europe.

Au revoir,

--
Bye,

--
D520
Light aviation : http://tagazous.free.fr

Old July 31st 10, 04:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jon Anderson

On 7/30/2010 12:38 PM, Indrek Aaviso wrote:

I vote for the Canadian Snowbirds.

Second that. Years ago at the Reno Air Races, I saw both the
Thunderbirds and Snowbirds. The former did a whole lot of high speed
stuff, making lots of noise, and being for all intents and purposes, out
of visual range much of the time.

The Snowbirds by contrast, were vastly more visual and graceful. It must
take great skill to fly such large formations at lower speeds.
I was watching from an open field at what I believe to be the north end
of the runway, directly in line with the runway. The Snowbirds made
several passes where they'd be descending seeming directly at me, then
gently pull up and sweep overhead. Man, what I wouldn't have given for a
good digital camera, or video camera then...

Jon
Old July 31st 10, 06:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
On 7/30/2010 12:38 PM, Indrek Aaviso wrote:

I vote for the Canadian Snowbirds.

Second that. Years ago at the Reno Air Races, I saw both the Thunderbirds
and Snowbirds. The former did a whole lot of high speed stuff, making lots
of noise, and being for all intents and purposes, out of visual range much
of the time.

I don't think I've ever seen the snowbirds here in Europe. I concur that
the Thunderbirds are a bit of 'overkill' though those computers put on a
tight display.

As for the 'Reds' or 'Dead Sparrows' as they are called here, good - but no
cigar. ;~)

Old August 2nd 10, 01:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

"Glenn" wrote in message

The best team of Europe ?

Only because the UK isn't part of Europe, which is a continent off the
east coast of Great Britain. "Fog in Channel, Continent Isolated", and all
that kind of stuff. :-)

Only bettered by the Blue Angels ?

No. Possibly bettered by the Red Arrows. I haven't seen the Blue Angels,
so can't comment on them, except to say that AFAIK they have a different
sort of display from the Reds.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

I vote for the Canadian Snowbirds.

Second that. I like the Blues and T-birds (and haven't had the
pleasure of seeing the Reds) but for originality, sheer numbers and
for going slow enough that I can keep up with them, the Snowbirds
can't be beat!

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CT-114_Snowbirds-Overcast.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	44162
Old August 8th 10, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"RustY ©" schreef in bericht

As for the 'Reds' or 'Dead Sparrows' as they are called here, good - but
no cigar. ;~)

I most strongly disagree.

For me, the Red Arrows are the best there is.
Not relying on lots of noise and/or speed but simply on precision flying. Of
course they have the advantage of flying a very handsome aircraft.

Regards,
Herman

Old August 8th 10, 04:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Herman" wrote in
b.home.nl:

"RustY ©" schreef in bericht

As for the 'Reds' or 'Dead Sparrows' as they are called here, good -
but no cigar. ;~)

I most strongly disagree.

For me, the Red Arrows are the best there is.
Not relying on lots of noise and/or speed but simply on precision
flying. Of course they have the advantage of flying a very handsome
aircraft.

You need, then, to see the Snowbirds.
--
Andrew Chaplin