Getting rid of MXSMANIC

Old December 6th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
alexy

Default Getting rid of MXSMANIC

" wrote:

Oh sure, we're all good net troopers and will do whatever you say.
Heh. Not.

Mx is just a typical teenager who's talking more from technical reading
rather than from life experience. Big deal. If you're a grown up, you
can easily deal with that.

The real goofballs here are people who insult him without real
provocation. Who take his answers too personally. Who often reply
with obviously less knowledge. Who reply with one sentence barbs,
showing their lack of arguing skills.

Take a deep breath, walk away from the computer for a day or two, then
come back and contribute. This is Usenet. It's not real life.

Regardless... it's here for purposes other than satisfying a "teenage"
socipaths fantasies... my list just earned another name.

Hey, can I sign up for that list, too?
Seriously, get a life. If you don't like his posts, filter him and
mark his posts, or the whole thread if you prefer, as "read". Big boys
can do that all by themselves--no need to solicit others to join you.
I'm sure many have figured that all by themselves.
Old December 6th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
alexy

From: "Kev"

This is Usenet. It's not real life.

Ah yes. The ultimate justification for assholes to act like assholes.
"I'm not an asshole in REAL LIFE, I just play one on USENET".

Here's my thoughts on this. Usenet IS real life. It's an odd facet of
real life, but it is real life.

I don't think I'm the only real human that posts here. Are the rest of
you just some computer generated AI simulation? Maybe I'm naive,
but I always thought there were real people on usenet. There are
real smart people.....there are real idiots. There are real nice folks....
there are some real assholes. And there are a lot of real people who
are somewhere in between.

I also tend to think that if you're an idiot on usenet, you're probably
an idiot in (so called) "real life". Maybe a more subdued idiot, but still
an idiot. The same thing goes for all other "human" characteristics.

But maybe I'm wrong and you're all just a bunch of computer generated
"human simulations". If that's the case, please let me know and I'll start
posting in binary to save you processing time.

Good point. But in real life, do you just ignore those you prefer not
to interact with, or do you go around soliciting others to join you in
ignoring your "target"?
Old December 6th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Nomen Nescio wrote:

I also tend to think that if you're an idiot on usenet, you're probably
an idiot in (so called) "real life". Maybe a more subdued idiot, but still
an idiot. The same thing goes for all other "human" characteristics.

Blame it on the anonymity of the Internet. Without face 2 face
interaction there's a kind of disconnect at work here which creates a
whole different conversational dynamic. Sometimes with incendiary
results.

But maybe I'm wrong and you're all just a bunch of computer generated
"human simulations". If that's the case, please let me know and I'll start
posting in binary to save you processing time.

110010010010111000100101101100100110 --- I don't care who you are,
that was funny...

Old December 6th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

From: "Kev"
This is Usenet. It's not real life.

Ah yes. The ultimate justification for assholes to act like assholes.
"I'm not an asshole in REAL LIFE, I just play one on USENET".

That's one way of looking at things. But I simply meant that it's not
worth it for people to obsess over what's said here... to the point of
announcing blacklists, throwing initial insults, etc. Heck, you could
spend years going crazy over what is said here about Iraq, Mxsmanic,
and high-wing vs. low-wing.

When someone cries "Boo-hoo he didn't listen to me so I don't want
anyone else to talk to him", who looks less mature? Come on people,
you're supposed to be captains of the sky. Have a little class.

Regards, Kev

Old December 6th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
fromTheShadows[_3_]

Kingfish wrote:

110010010010111000100101101100100110 --- I don't care who you are,
that was funny...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand
binary, and those who don't.
Old December 6th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I'm sure you're a nice reasonable guy in person. It's just hard to see
that on the net.

Well put, Kev.

I don't understand the venom MX has inspired here, but I *do* regret
it. And, to a certain degree, I fear it, because it shows a side of
airmen that I didn't think existed.

Sure, he can be obnoxious, and he's got some goofy attitudes toward
flying (and life in general, if you ask me) -- but so what? If you
don't like what he's saying, don't read it. If you think his threads
are stupid, start one of your own.

I, for one, find MX to be occasionally enlightening, intensely curious
(in some ways), dunderheaded (in others), and I must admit that it's
kind of entertaining to watch as some of the regulars here do
switchblade backflips as they try to insult him into leaving the group.

And to those who pronounce that they regret MX's presence here because
his topics detract from the true purpose of this group, I challenge you
to bring up some good, useful piloting subjects of your own. Too many
of you guys are hunkered down behind your monitors, rolling
hand-grenades down the aisle instead of trying to positively impact
this group with new topics.

To which I say: Stand up and START A NEW THREAD. Move on from this
guy, gentlemen!

I'll tell you this much -- I admire his persistence. Thin-skinned he
isn't.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 6th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Jay Honeck posted:

I'm sure you're a nice reasonable guy in person. It's just hard to
see that on the net.

Well put, Kev.

I don't understand the venom MX has inspired here, but I *do* regret
it. And, to a certain degree, I fear it, because it shows a side of
airmen that I didn't think existed.

You're kidding, right? I could give you names of airmen that act every bit
the same as those who have blasted Mxsmanic in this newsgroup. It would
seem that your list of names would be longer than mine, as I don't have a
hotel to draw them in.

I, for one, find MX to be occasionally enlightening, intensely curious
(in some ways), dunderheaded (in others), and I must admit that it's
kind of entertaining to watch as some of the regulars here do
switchblade backflips as they try to insult him into leaving the
group.

If nothing else, his posts have greatly increased the number of
aviation-related threads and discussions in this group. I see that as a
positive outcome, given the prior state of largely OT threads.

And to those who pronounce that they regret MX's presence here because
his topics detract from the true purpose of this group, I challenge
you to bring up some good, useful piloting subjects of your own. Too
many of you guys are hunkered down behind your monitors, rolling
hand-grenades down the aisle instead of trying to positively impact
this group with new topics.

But, that's where the *fun* is, Jay; I'm glad that he's volunteered to
play the fool. That way, we all can learn from those who provide detailed

Neil

Old December 6th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[...]

I, also, second "Kev's" motion! I get a chuckle out of "MX's" naivite,
but find that there some far more toxic posters out there, such as
"Skyloon," MulCahy, etc.

I have found that "MX" has been polite, although I think that his world
is Fantasyland.
Old December 6th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

Very good point, Jay. I have found the group much less educational and
informational than in the past.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old December 6th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:00:06 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
wrote in
:

Are the rest of you just some computer generated AI simulation?

Some a http://www.jabberwacky.com/j2instructions

VFR position reporting Mxsmanic Piloting 154 November 26th 06 04:45 PM
For MXSMANIC: Flight Simulator Gear? Jay Honeck Piloting 20 October 24th 06 11:48 PM
Ping Mxsmanic... Bill Denton Piloting 7 October 2nd 06 03:02 PM
Please Ignore Mxsmanic Terry Piloting 45 September 29th 06 08:26 PM