A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Glider DPE for SDF BWG LEX area

Old September 2nd 20, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S Aero
external usenet poster

Default Glider DPE for SDF BWG LEX area

Hello All,
I am looking for a glider DPE in the central Kentucky area. In searching the FAA designee database, the individual authorizations are not delineated. Will need ongoing support from whoever is available as this is not a “one time” checkride. Rather, something on the order of 6 checkrides a year. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old September 2nd 20, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IADPE
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 7:30:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello All,
I am looking for a glider DPE in the central Kentucky area. In searching the FAA designee database, the individual authorizations are not delineated.. Will need ongoing support from whoever is available as this is not a “one time” checkride. Rather, something on the order of 6 checkrides a year. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Call your local FSDO and inquire who is the Glider DPE in their geographic area. If there isn’t one, and you can show a need, they might/ should designate one.
Old September 2nd 20, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S Aero
external usenet poster

Yes, of course, good advice but there is a reason why I posted the question.. My local FSDO point of contact for DPEs is out until the middle of September. Thought I’d ask the question here and maybe get a suggestion during this time.

Anybody else?
Old September 2nd 20, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_7_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 9:14:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Yes, of course, good advice but there is a reason why I posted the question. My local FSDO point of contact for DPEs is out until the middle of September. Thought I’d ask the question here and maybe get a suggestion during this time.

Anybody else?

Speak to the FSDO manager.
Old September 2nd 20, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Miller
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 23:59:34 UTC-4, Tony wrote:
Yes, of course, good advice but there is a reason why I posted the question. My local FSDO point of contact for DPEs is out until the middle of September. Thought I’d ask the question here and maybe get a suggestion during this time.

Anybody else?

I am a glider DPE from the Dayton OH area. I do travel or you can fly from Red Stewart Airport in Waynesville, OH. They have a 2-33 for rent.
Old September 2nd 20, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim S
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-4, Robert Miller wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 23:59:34 UTC-4, Tony wrote:

Anybody else?

I am a glider DPE from the Dayton OH area. I do travel or you can fly from Red Stewart Airport in Waynesville, OH. They have a 2-33 for rent.

Hi Robert, Thanks very much. I see you listed for the FSDO in the area. Will contact you in the next week or so. I will check out the Waynesville operation as well. Very helpful, thanks again.
Old September 2nd 20, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 8:30:10 PM UTC-4, S Aero wrote:
Hello All,
I am looking for a glider DPE in the central Kentucky area. In searching the FAA designee database, the individual authorizations are not delineated.. Will need ongoing support from whoever is available as this is not a “one time” checkride. Rather, something on the order of 6 checkrides a year. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Franklin Burbank is at Bermuda High in SC and travels frequently to give checkrides. DPEs are no longer geographically constrained.

PA
Old September 2nd 20, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S Aero
external usenet poster

Hi Paul,
Yep, I’m aware of that but it seems that many aren’t too interested in traveling very far on a regular basis. I know Burt C. will travel a significant distance but I need someone in the area for multiple rides.. Kentucky, unfortunately is large void for glider ops and designees.

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 3:51:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 8:30:10 PM UTC-4, S Aero wrote:
Hello All,
I am looking for a glider DPE in the central Kentucky area. In searching the FAA designee database, the individual authorizations are not delineated. Will need ongoing support from whoever is available as this is not a “one time” checkride. Rather, something on the order of 6 checkrides a year. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Franklin Burbank is at Bermuda High in SC and travels frequently to give checkrides. DPEs are no longer geographically constrained.

PA

Old September 3rd 20, 08:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 3:34:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I know Burt C. will travel a significant distance but I need someone in the area for multiple rides.

Don't count me out . . . I just conducted 16 checkrides across the midwestern states, 7 more scheduled later this month in the western states.

Applicants can also travel to historic Marfa (Landmark of Soaring #15) in southwest Texas for a FREE Glider Checkride for PVT, COM, "Initial" CFIG and CFIG renewals or reinstatements this winter or anytime, year-round, near the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park.

Let's discuss details and dates, here, there and everywhere!

Just giving back . . . just because.
Old September 4th 20, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, September 3, 2020 at 3:36:40 AM UTC-4, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 3:34:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I know Burt C. will travel a significant distance but I need someone in the area for multiple rides.
Don't count me out . . . I just conducted 16 checkrides across the midwestern states, 7 more scheduled later this month in the western states.

Applicants can also travel to historic Marfa (Landmark of Soaring #15) in southwest Texas for a FREE Glider Checkride for PVT, COM, "Initial" CFIG and CFIG renewals or reinstatements this winter or anytime, year-round, near the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park.

Let's discuss details and dates, here, there and everywhere!

Just giving back . . . just because.

Burt, I compliment you on the "Just Giving Back", just today I read the "History Of Miami Gliders, it brought back some great memories. Bob