Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

Old June 9th 21, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Semantics Michael

Default Fatal Glider Crash in Wurtsboro, New York

How many flights were UNPAID as a instructor? An approximate guess will suffice.

OK, I give in. My question has been deleted as it has been perceived as a personal attack. My apologies.
Old June 9th 21, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 2:33:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
How many flights were UNPAID as a instructor? An approximate guess will suffice.

OK, I give in. My question has been deleted as it has been perceived as a personal attack. My apologies.

I would bet Dr. Nguyen, as a man who saves lives, would be glad we are discussing his tragedy to improve safety, save lives.
Old June 9th 21, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 6/9/2021 11:19 AM, R wrote:
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 8:46:37 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:04:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:41:30 PM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:12:12 PM UTC-4, Waveguru wrote:
Can we get any details on the pilot, like age, currency, and number of hours PIC?

Boggs
64 years old. Not very current. Not known.
UH
What does "not very current" mean and how do these personal details relate to this accident?
Mr. Boggs and Mr. Nixon: What is your age, currency and PIC time? I assume you don't mind sharing.

"Not very current" means to me a low amount of recent flight activity. Almost always a factor that increases risk.
My info: 7700hrs in gliders (just under 13000 landings) 60 hours and about 100 landings in last 60 days. I did 20 tows
on the day of the accident at a site 11 miles away. Some info I have relayed is from other sources with knowledge I
trust.
UH

How many flights were UNPAID as a instructor? An approximate guess will suffice.

Now, that question does seem far from related to the accident, i.e, irrelevant. Basically,
anyone that's done a lot of soaring AND twice as many landings as flying hours has done a
huge amount of instruction, and totally deserves more than what he was paid.

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
Old June 9th 21, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]

I got a little sidetrack at UH numbers and a life of serving the common good.
So, why did the good Dr. get off tow early?
Old June 10th 21, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 4:01:45 PM UTC-4, R wrote:
I got a little sidetrack at UH numbers and a life of serving the common good.
So, why did the good Dr. get off tow early?

Good point R, glad to see you pop your head up again. The Purist, old Bob
Old June 10th 21, 02:02 AM
Delta8 Delta8 is offline
Member

Location: Pa.

May or may not be relevant to this accident but June Soaring magazine cover has a Risk level assessment article worth a look .

Fatal glider crash, MHV JS Soaring 0 October 31st 14 08:32 PM
Parowan Fatal Crash ContestID67[_2_] Soaring 30 July 3rd 09 03:43 AM
Rare fatal CH-801 crash Jim Logajan Home Built 8 June 22nd 09 03:24 AM
Fatal Crash Monty General Aviation 1 December 12th 07 10:06 PM
Police investigate fatal glider crash - Southern NSW Mal[_4_] Soaring 1 September 2nd 07 03:24 AM