Let's get THIS at Oshkosh '08!

Old October 18th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Let's get THIS at Oshkosh '08!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Damn, I can't believe they actually got the Vulcan back in the air!
Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 18th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Yes, with Jimmy Stewart as the pilot!

"When it came to kissing, Harlow was the best."
JS quote!

oups.com...

Old October 18th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
S Green

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Damn, I can't believe they actually got the Vulcan back in the air!
Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...

I doubt the public will let the Vulcan out of the country.

Old October 18th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom[_1_]

On Oct 18, 10:07 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Damn, I can't believe they actually got the Vulcan back in the air!
Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

I saw one at an air show at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana in 1969 or
1970. It has long legs while on the ground and looks sweet in the air.

Tom

Old October 19th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Damn, I can't believe they actually got the Vulcan back in the air!
Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Caught a Vulcan demo once that included a beautiful barrel roll. You
should have seen that whale go around!!
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 19th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_5_]

Caught a Vulcan demo once that included a beautiful barrel roll. You should have seen that whale go around!!
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques

I saw such a demo as well - in Canada about 25 years ago. Very LOUD
airplane IIRC.

David Johnson

Old October 19th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Dave wrote:
Caught a Vulcan demo once that included a beautiful barrel roll. You should have seen that whale go around!!
:-)

--
Dudley Henriques

I saw such a demo as well - in Canada about 25 years ago. Very LOUD
airplane IIRC.

David Johnson

Damndest thing I ever saw in my life. A bit scary as well. He had the
nose well up over 45 degrees entering and it was WELL below 45 degrees
on the exit. It was done quite low too. I have to admit that standing
there with the Thunderbird solo, we BOTH had a moment there where we
looked at each other not actually knowing if he was going to make it.
Got to say though.....impressive to say the least :-))
DH

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 19th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Oct 18, 9:07 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...
--

I've had the same thought, but it'd take somebody with Bill Gates'
deep pockets to get a Peacemaker back in the air.

Uh... What's the fuel burn rate of six 4360's & 4 J47s at T/O power?
Dudley?

Old October 19th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Kingfish wrote:
On Oct 18, 9:07 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...
--

I've had the same thought, but it'd take somebody with Bill Gates'
deep pockets to get a Peacemaker back in the air.

Uh... What's the fuel burn rate of six 4360's & 4 J47s at T/O power?
Dudley?

I'd have to flip the ole'whizz wheel a bit on that one but my gut
feeling is that it's slightly above my pay grade :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 19th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article .com,
Kingfish wrote:

On Oct 18, 9:07 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...288877,00.html

Maybe there *is* hope that we'll one day see a B-36 fly again...
--

I've had the same thought, but it'd take somebody with Bill Gates'
deep pockets to get a Peacemaker back in the air.

Uh... What's the fuel burn rate of six 4360's & 4 J47s at T/O power?
Dudley?

I doubt that it will happen. There is too much magnesium (how many ways
can you spell "corrosion"?). The stuff hates itself and will return to
salt in time.