A380 Not Flying Brothel

Old October 29th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default A380 Not Flying Brothel

OK, that's not how AvWeb headlined it but...

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news...1.html?type=pf

Considering the areas of aircraft that have served the carnal desires of
their occupants, it would seem likely that the private suite with double bed
that Singapore Airlines has installed on its A380 would be creating a little
turbulence of its own on every flight. But if the airline has anything to do
with it (and good luck with this) the first-class section will not become
headquarters of the Mile High Club. "If couples used our double beds to
engage in inappropriate activity, we would politely ask them to desist,"
company spokesman Stephen Forshaw told the Times of London. "There are
things that are acceptable on an aircraft and things that aren't, and the
rules for behavior in our double beds are the same ones that apply
throughout the aircraft."

And that seems a shame say the first occupants of the exclusive space. Tony
and Julie Elwood paid plenty to recline in the suite on the A380's first
flight from Singapore to Sydney last week and said the accommodations and
the rule are at odds. "So they'll sell you a double bed, and give you
privacy and endless champagne - and then say you can't do what comes
naturally?" Tony told the Times. "Seems a bit strange." Julie agreed. "They
seem to have done everything they can to make it romantic short of bringing
round oysters."

Old October 29th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:20:41 -0500, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

But if the airline has anything to do
with it (and good luck with this) the first-class section will not become
headquarters of the Mile High Club.

I guess they don't want the next passenger to have to sit in the wet spot.

--
Dallas
Old October 29th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Oct 29, 1:44 pm, Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:20:41 -0500, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
But if the airline has anything to do
with it (and good luck with this) the first-class section will not become
headquarters of the Mile High Club.

I guess they don't want the next passenger to have to sit in the wet spot.

Apparently it isn't a problem for hotels. What's the difference? Does
the airline not plan on changing the bedding between flights?

-Robert

Old October 29th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Oct 29, 1:44 pm, Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:20:41 -0500, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
But if the airline has anything to do
with it (and good luck with this) the first-class section will not
become headquarters of the Mile High Club.

I guess they don't want the next passenger to have to sit in the wet
spot.

Apparently it isn't a problem for hotels. What's the difference? Does
the airline not plan on changing the bedding between flights?

-Robert

Let's keep in mind that the walls on the suites DO NOT go all the way to the
ceiling.

Old October 29th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 29, 3:44 pm, "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net
wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Oct 29, 1:44 pm, Dallas wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:20:41 -0500, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
But if the airline has anything to do
with it (and good luck with this) the first-class section will not
become headquarters of the Mile High Club.

I guess they don't want the next passenger to have to sit in the wet
spot.

Apparently it isn't a problem for hotels. What's the difference? Does
the airline not plan on changing the bedding between flights?

-Robert

Let's keep in mind that the walls on the suites DO NOT go all the way to the
ceiling.

What, people might peek over the top?

Old October 30th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
oups.com:

I guess they don't want the next passenger to have to sit in the wet
spot.

Apparently it isn't a problem for hotels. What's the difference? Does
the airline not plan on changing the bedding between flights?

You haven't flown commercially in a few years, have you?

They don't clean the floors or seat pockets between segments anymore - what
makes you think they would change the sheets?

I would be surprised if the bed had sheets at all. Best I can tell, it looks
more like a futon with the 2" square pillows and 6" square blue blankets we
get on all the other airlines...
Old October 30th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:20:41 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

"They seem to have done everything they can to make it romantic short of bringing
round oysters."

Aren't oysters already round? :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old October 30th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:20:41 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

"They seem to have done everything they can to make it romantic
short of bringing round oysters."

Aren't oysters already round? :-)

Ron Wanttaja

hehe - was thinking that too, haven't really seen any square ones. Hell,
last time I asked the boss for a raise he gave me a half dozen oysters and
sent me home early. Only four worked.........